Surely they cant do this!?! Talk Talk internet

Wriggley

Reaction score
Hi all

Basically we have been with talk talk for phone and internet for 4 years. In April last year they randomly took off one of our call packages from our phone for no reason. When we rang up they couldnt explain why it was taken off and reput it back on. We checked with them mulitple times that by them putting the package back on we wouldnt be entering a new contract and they told us no we would not be entering a new contract.

Fast forward to november our internet was crap and loosing disconnection every 20mins or so and after multiple attempts for them trying to correct it they couldnt so we decided to go with someone else.

Now with talk talk we paid a bit extra each month so that we were always ahead of payments so when we left them we should have got it all back but instead we recieved a letter from them stating that we had broken our contract and they would be taking a contract breakage fee out of our advanced payments :shock:

we rang up and they told us that when we had the calls package put back on we had entered a new contract!!!!

After alot of dispute with them we came to agreement that they would refund us 66% of the breakage of contract fee they had taken from us. was not want we wanted but we were looking at a lengthly small claims claim so we accepted.

We finally got our cheque though the post 2 weeks ago for £2.29 :shock:

we rang up and again were told that this was all that were left after they had taken the full breakage of contract fee.

We went round and round in circles with them and spoke to higher up management who would not budge and said they would not refund.

We were then told that if we wanted to take it any higher up we would have to pay them a fee of £10 to file a complaint with them and an extra cost if we wanted to get access to recording of the conversation back in April - which we know will prove we made sure we did not enter a new contract

can they really do this!?!?!?!

Companies can charge up to £10 to release personal information held under the data protection act but I have never before heard a company charging you to file a complaint. As you have tried to resolve this directly but have been unable to do so then your next step would be to put your complaint through Ofcom.

I used to be with TT/Tiscali and they were wank.

They charged me over £200 in God only knows, in the end i disputed them and got a refund for £0.33p.

Threatened them with Court and Solicitors and got £80 refunded and they finally gave me my MAC code to go to Sky.

:hugs:

V xxx

I would threaten them with Ofcom hun - most companies will bend over backwards to help if you do this because they don't want a huge fine (my husband works in the energy industry and they take threats of the regulator very seriously). Put in writing exactly what you want to happen and give them a reasonable period to sort it, and state that if it hasn't happened by then you will be going to the regulator.

Had similar bad experience with Orange a few years ago, our broadband was off for months and we'd spend hours on the phone to an 0845 number only to be put through to a call centre in India who clearly had no idea what the router even looked like or how it worked; and they'd spend about 10 minutes going through obvious questions like 'is it switched on?' then when we said we had enough they quibbled over when the contract was actually meant to end, we sent them a polite but scathing letter which mentioned we had already reported them to one watchdog (at the time it wasn't all under one) and was going to report them to the advertising standards authority also because their advertising was completely false, they got scared and offered to terminate our contract immediately and refund us for the last three months of the contract-which they did but we then got another letter saying their employee should not have offered us this and he would be sacked for it basically-which just proved even more that orange were a bunch of b*stards and we were glad to be shut of them and their 'customer service' xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->