SureStart & Jack

Jo

I'm an old bag!
Reaction score
Don't know if any of you have a surestart centre near you , but we have just had one built and it is brilliant, i am signed up for 3 courses in various things and i go to a Stay and Play with Jack once a week

Anyway i had a phone call today and they asked me if Jack could do the official opening with the Mayor and stuff On 17th July:happydance:
he gets to cut the ribbon to the building with one of his friends because they were the first 2 children on the register

I think its dead cool :lol:

That's brilliant Jo! I want to see the photos!

Soooo, where do I find out about these Surestart things then?

One has just finished being built near me. What kind of things do they do? x

wow he'll be like a little star 4 the day xxx

That's brilliant Jo! I want to see the photos!

Soooo, where do I find out about these Surestart things then?
https://www.surestart.gov.uk/surestartservices/settings/fundedsettings/

It will tell you if there is on in your area Amanda :)

lauren-kate said:
One has just finished being built near me. What kind of things do they do? x
They do all sorts hun, I go to a play group thing on a Monday, but they also do Baby massage, babies into books, A health visitor goes, so you don't have to go to the clinic.
They do bags of courses and have a creche facility with fully qualified people to watch them whilst you do waht ever your doing :)

Today i am starting a beauty course and in next couple of weeks am doing a child behaviour one, then i start a making choices course on 20th which helps you choose which options you can take if you would like to work in childcare of some sort

Best of all it is all free :happydance:

thats brillaint Jo, i think the one near Lauras is brillaint, the one near me is rubbish their is nothing their a liabarby then loads of empty rooms.

i go to one, they do young mums group, baby yoga, baby massage and swimming called ducks and ducklings, and kids kitchen about weaning, i think its really handn and its free! x

Thanks for the info Jo.:hugs:

Nothing in my area though!:hissy:

Just got to wait a couple of years according to the site though.

Thanks for the info Jo.:hugs:

Nothing in my area though!:hissy:

Just got to wait a couple of years according to the site though.
Aww no :(
Nowt within a couple of miles of you? thats dead bad

I know i typed leicester in and it brought up loads but i suppose that would be like me typing Bradford in, bloomin big places!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->