Surprise babies: what colour are you painting the nursery?

A

AquaDementia

We chose a very pale lime green. Sort of light and calming, but not gender specific.
How about you?

we're deciding on either cream or like a yellow! nothing to specific!
but maybe its a bit to early for me to be deciding this stuff! lol
xx

I have no freaking idea. I am working on fabrics right now as I plan to make the curtains, and a bumper and a cover for the glider. I am having a really hard time since I don't want to do a typical baby room. I want something funky and retro. I will be doing lots of googleing for fabric today!

We're thinking of a light green mixed with dark greens because we're probably going to be painting a jungle theme mural on the walls. I'm so in love with the fisher price rainforest stuff and I'll be getting most of those things. :cloud9:

I can't waiiiit. :headspin:

Ours is magnolia, and its going to have a yellow jungle border

Even though i am going to find out the sex (hopefully) i am still having the babies room cream, we recently decorated it before i got pregnant, its just plain cream, cream carpets, nice thick cream curtains, seems silly to redecorate in pink or blue or whatever. Just going to get some nice pictures, i seen some on the mamas and papas website, there cream with little elephants/bears on them. and obviously cream bedding!

Hope the baby doesn't hate cream lol

I haven't even thought about that yet. But then I HATE redecorating so I will leave it till the very last possible moment.

I guess even though I know what I'm having I would still like it to be yellow or cream because thats baby colours to me. I still buy unisex clothes too because I prefer them to most boys clothes.

As it is we're having a girl, but I tend to stray away from pastels to begin with... This is kinda what I'm looking at. Bugs are so fun to decorate kids rooms with... and they won't outgrow it in a year or two :) And bright colors are fun for the child and unisex. :)

https://www.wallpaperborders.com/images/12k-609.jpg

We´re just going to go for a creamy/yellowy colour scheme, and then I want to get creative and paint some winnie the pooh characters on the walls. Theres not actually that much wall space to wallpaper and paint in our nursery as its got a slopey ceiling, so its bascially just two triangles left for the walls. Want to keep the colour scheme light as we have wooden ceilings, which can darken the room a bit.

Going for white cotton with light green accesories to start and will indulge in all thing blue or pink after, looking for classic wood furniture as think everything looks good with this.

even though ive found out we are having a girl. ive still painted cream. and just adding pink accessary's that way when LO gets her own idea of how she wants her room it will easy to change cause its only cream

Our nursery colours are ivory cream and the feature wall is a light liquer colour. Its really lovelly. And the theme is the ollie and mollie theme from next, so the colours match this!

I was thinking light blue wether we have a boy or girl. Who says blue is only for boys? but we don't have room for a nursery, so I'm planning to go for Pooh stuff.

Our crib bedding is sage green with white and a buttercream yellow color. We are doing black furniture, white wainscoating, and the top half with be a really calming buttercream that matches the bedding. The rest of the house is REALLY bright or dark colors (my office is orange and brown our bathroom is Tiffany Blue and brown) so I want the baby's room to be very calm and serene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->