surprise bfps?

porkypig

Reaction score
For those of you who have got your :bfp:; where any of you surprised as you thought you weren't pg?

I ask as i'm in the 2ww and only symptoms at the mo are extremlry sore bbs, tired and the odd twinge but nothing else (currntly 8dpo according to ff)
xxxx

I was very supprised when I found out I was pg with my dd. We were trying but had only been trying a month. I had no pg symptoms at all only af cramps I went and got tampons cos I thought I was coming on!!! But no af showed up and 3 pg tests later I believed it was true. I had af pains until I was about 6 weeks gone and then nausea. Now I think the af pains must have been growing pains. But had no pg symptoms until a couple of weeks after I found out. xxx

Thanks hun xxxx just clinging onto the hope that i still may have a chance this month ( as we all do!!! ) xxx

first pregnancy.. no idea... big surprise.. first month of no precautions not really trying
second pregnancy...was trying but not expecting to get pg straight and did
third expected to get pg 1st month.... 9months later still waiting!
no idea was pg with first 2 pg's
this time i think i'm pg every month and i'm not!!
nothing makes sense!!

Why are our bodies such complex things?? xxx good luck happymum; i pray to be one of those one day xxxxx :cry:

Actually today i'm a grumpy mum, prob cos af is due!
BUt thanks, you'll be mummy before you know it!!
Try enjoy the trying, i swear i got pg so easy first two times cos i was dead chilled about it. this time i'm all anxious about it and can't seem to concieve, i' m sure its in my head! keep telling myself to chill out, but its not that easy is it!
Good Luck for your Bfp this month!!!

Thanks hun, I suppose the problem is that up until now, in my life i've always achieved things quickly or first time, e.g driving test, exams, degree jobs etc and now that this isn't happening as quick as i thought it would, i cant cope. Does that make sense? I know it sounds really silly and childish and even as i'm typing i'm thinking i'm such a d**k, but its beginning to get me down a bit. I've always been really regular before going on bcps, never had any problems with af and even after stopping bcps in may, my afs went back to normal, came more or less on time and i 've had one every month, so i don't understand why its not happening for us. I know i'm getting on my dh's nerves by being so negative but i cant help it xxx Thanks for listening xxx

When we were trying for my daughter I only took a test that month to prove to my husband that I wasn't pregnant.....so I could have a glass of wine! I truly didn't think I was!

Even once I'd got my BFP it took a couple of weeks for me to get any symptons at all....then I started chucking up like a good un!

Thanks hun, I suppose the problem is that up until now, in my life i've always achieved things quickly or first time, e.g driving test, exams, degree jobs etc and now that this isn't happening as quick as i thought it would, i cant cope. Does that make sense? I know it sounds really silly and childish and even as i'm typing i'm thinking i'm such a d**k, but its beginning to get me down a bit. I've always been really regular before going on bcps, never had any problems with af and even after stopping bcps in may, my afs went back to normal, came more or less on time and i 've had one every month, so i don't understand why its not happening for us. I know i'm getting on my dh's nerves by being so negative but i cant help it xxx Thanks for listening xxx

pma has been my middlename this month..... up until today...i think reality is setting in again that prob not pg and just kidding myself.
trying to stay positive is the hardest thing i'm outa ideas now, but i've really got fingers crossed for you! i'm getting on my dh's nerves too!
too late to escape he married me!!:rofl:
:hug:

Ikwym!!! xxxx Oh well, we'll keep plodding on.............. xxxxx

Hi,

I totally understand your attitude... I am the same, achieved everything first time, degree, jobs etc so expect to get pg immediately... Also, when I came off bcps, my periods continued like clockwork, very regular and predictable and I caught within 2 months (ended in m/c), so now I am getting increasingly impatient that I have been trying for nearly 4 months now (which I know is not long at all) and nothing is happening. Also, think I may have mis-judged my ovulation, as relied on my regular cycle and where I was in my cycle, and whilst had lots of sex, think I had it all too early, and so I am now kicking myself. Maybe we are setting too high standards on ourselves, which is putting BFP off??? I am due to test between wed-Fri given I have 25-28 day cycle, but I just know AF is on her wicked way.

If only life were simple. I've said before in a previous thread... gone are the days when all it took was sex to get pg!!!!! Lol x

Hi Leanne, sorry to hear about you m/c, I suppose one good thing is that you DID conceive so you know you're not infertile. LOL @ 'gone were the days.........' exactly, I thought sex led to pregnancy??????
On a serious note, wishing you lots of :dust:
I wont be testing until next weekend AF due on friday, hope that ugly beatch don't show her face xxxxxxxxxxxx

Porkypig-good luck to you, I'm 8dpo also and don't feel many signs, but last month felt tons of them but BFN, so like happy mum said, none of us can figure this out. I conceived my first 2 easily, but #3 has been harder. I've been prego 5 times, so yes, I can get prego, but sadly they are not all sticky ones!!! Its been about 8 months (with one mc thrown in there) and I too feel like I'm having sex at the correct times so how come those spermies cant catch that egg and get it all together, haha. Hard for us all emotionally.

Good luck to you!

So porkypig
this month other than the cramps last week, no signs of pregnancy, yet today here it is... after 9 months of trying..... I@M PREGNANT!!!!!!!

HappyMum!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG that's fantastic news!!!! When did you test? What dpo are you? So you had no symptoms what so ever??? xxx

I was very surprised this time around as a few days before I got my :bfp:, I had my usual night sweats, a sure signs of :witch: on her way. Then they stopped - also not unusual! Was very surprised/anxious. Only sank in a bit on Friday when I had my scan and today when I got my first bout of :sick:

Congrats Rumpskin! Well I live in hope. AF is due around Friday, I don't think it's going to be my month cos i don't 'feel' pg, maybe I'm talking rubbish but I think I'd probably know when I get pg, maybe not, I just don't know!! xxx

i also didnt think i was preg but did a test on wed last week my period was due thurs last wk and i got a surprise bfp, it happens when u dont expect it i think.

Congrats Julie!! Thats fantastic news!!! Have a happy and healthy 9 months hun xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->