Surprise on Saturday from Hubby......

SmileyShazza

I'm a mum!
Reaction score
Yesterday I thought that my hubby and I were meeting a friend and her boyfriend for a drink, some food and a catch up as we hadn't seen them for a while. Little did I know it was all a complete decoy!

We arrived at Revolutions bar and when we got there he told me that apparently the till had broken so we had to go and sit upstairs. When we got up there waiting in the VIP room were about 25 of my female friends - he had spent the last 3 months organising me a secret

https://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/b/baby_shower-2282.gif

I had no idea so it was a total suprise, I burst into tears and couldn't believe how many people were there. We played some games and had some food platters, cocktails and mocktails for the other pregnant ladies there

DH's bosses girlfriend had made the most AMAZING Cake for us. It was a chocolate buttercream iced sponge. It had a seperate dome on the top which is also made of icing it had little stars cut out of it and round the outside it had all the jungle family characters which match the bedding and the moses basket we have brought for the baby around the edge and minature parrots (again all made of icing) scattered over the dome - she had taken them from the wall freeze which you can buy in Mothercare and hand cut them.

https://i53.tinypic.com/qmx7qt.jpg

Inside the dome there was a little baby on a blanket and also a little camera as she knows I am into photography, again all made of icing.

https://i52.tinypic.com/2vv1gzq.jpg

She had then hand cut the words "Shaz and Dave and Baby C makes a Jungle Family" around the base of the cake in different colours.

We got so many lovely presents for both me and the baby :baby: A friends mum had knitted a gorgeous blanket, another lady had hand made us a silk and cotton patchwork quilt. We had toilettries, clothes, bibs, blankets, toys - just so many things I was completely overwhelmed and all my friends joked that for the first time ever they saw me lost for words :haha:

DH had even been in touch with some of my BnB friends and invited them to the baby shower so I got to meet the lovely Tulip, BeanieBaby and Tickled Pink for the first time. Some of the other ladies from here who couldn't make it sent him messages which he had stuck in a guestbook that who everyone was there signed. I've been reading through all the messages in there this morning and it's had me in tears again (happy ones of course) :)

Hats off to all of them for managing to keep it a secret as I am quite on the ball usually. I blame my addled baby brain for my lack of detection :blush:

I feel so lucky to have such an amzing hubby and friends - people had travelled from all over the UK to come and it was such a fantastic suprise certainly made my Saturday afternoon a memorable one :thumbup: :cloud9:

WOW! what a fantastic suprise and how sweet of him to do all that!! hope you had a fantastic time :)

Wow how amazing of him and how talented is his bosses gf??!!! xx

What a lovely DH, and that cake is fantastic!!!

Glad you had a lovely time!!!

Oh forgot to add, I am so jealous. My DH will be hearing about this though it is a bit late for my baby shower as due in three days :(

omg gorgeous cake :) and what a lovely guesture your OH made x x

oh my gosh what an amazing OH!!! and that cake!!!!! mmmmmmm cake!!

glad you had fun :)

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

How absolutely wonderful :happydance:

Aah you deserve it Shaz, super jealous though :growlmad::winkwink:

:hugs:

awww honestly that brought tears to my eyes!!! how thoughtful of your DH and what wonderful friends you both have!!!

the cake is adorable and soo personal to you! you can tell a lot of effort was put into the whole thing!!!

Lucky you!!! and thanks so much for sharing the story n pics!!! xxx

What a gorgeous cake!! Wow, I've never seen anything quite like that, she's very talented! Sounds like you have an incredible hubby as well! So happy for you for having a smashing Saturday night! xx

wow that is seriously AMAZING! I would be so so so over moon if I was you!
Your cake looks goregous and I have chosen jungle family theme for nursery too!!!

how nice!! Its brought tears to my eyes reading this. You are very lucky xx

I know I keep saying it but it was great to finally meet you Shazza (and the other girls) after all the messages on here and Facebook! And that cake! Apart from looking amazing, it tasted delish!

Awww thats so sweet of him!

He will make a lovely daddy!! Its good he is looking after you and spoiling you :) x

I have my baby shower next week and im attempting to make cupcakes..should be funny as i am the least domesticated person ever!!

:D

x

amazing cakes wow she did a great job!

hubby is awesome what a good one!

hubby's are great!

I know I keep saying it but it was great to finally meet you Shazza (and the other girls) after all the messages on here and Facebook! And that cake! Apart from looking amazing, it tasted delish!

You too hun :)

Am looking forward to meeting up once we are both on maternity - scary to think we will be in the very final stretch then :eek:

I still can't get over the cake. The lady is thinking of going into business making them and I have told that she should do as I am sure she would do well. can only just make a basic sponge cake so have nothing but awe for people who can make such creations!

We have half a chocolate cake sat here though so if anyone wants a slice! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->