Surprise.....twins

ArtMom

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have been lurking in this forum ever since I learned I was expecting back around the 1st of January. It has been a wealth of information and a comfort to me when I had questions.

Yesterday was my first ultrasound scan for dating purposes (8 weeks 3 days). My husband and I went into the appointment excited and nervous and looking forward to seeing a healthy baby and strong heart beat. We certainly got what we were looking for.........times 2!

We were lucky to have an amazing ultrasound tech. He immediately told us "You have two!" and talked to us through the entire scan. He answered all our questions, showed us what he was measuring, and even told us how things may change for us now that we are considered a 'high-risk' pregnancy. Both twins measured 8 weeks 6 days and had strong heart beats (163/165) which he even let us listen to.

This is my first pregnancy, so everything just got that much more overwhelming. Our due date is September 14.

Is there anyone else on the forum expecting twins right now?

Aw wow ! What a beautiful surprise! !! Congratulations xxxxxx

Congratulations!! It'll be my first question at my scan I think, lots of twins in our family!

Congrats! How special! You're also due around the same time as me. I was given a due date of 13 Sept and I found out on 2nd Jan!

Thanks everyone :) The shock has not worn off yet. And to think I was having trouble functioning before lol

It certainly explains a lot of things, like why i was having such strong nausea, why I am so exhausted, and why my BFP showed up so clear so early! On the day of my missed period a Clear Blue Digital read 2-3 weeks.

KMX - I found out on January 3rd! I had a very clear positive that day. I had tested on the 1st and swore it was negative.....yes I dug it out of the trash to check haha and yes it was very faintly positive that day too! My due date is September 14th

There are twins several generations back in my family, but we don't believe that to be the reason. We strongly suspect that it has more to do with my age (35) and that I just came off birth control (Mirena) in November.

Congrats! I'm expecting triplets... Still in shock!! It's a game changer for sure. Happy to hear they're both looking healthy! You'll get more ultrasounds since you're "high risk" now.. One thing I feel is a perk :)

Oh wow triplets!! Congratulations! Yes the ultrasound tech did say to expect more scans now that we were 'high risk'.....just means we see their sweet faces more often!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->