Surprised to be feeling this way

wishuwerehere

dh, me and 2dds
Reaction score
So i am pregnant with my third. I have 2 lovely girls and i know it would be great to have another, but i am already strongly feeling this anxiety about the fact that this is my last baby, and if it isn't a boy then that's it, there won't be one. I don't know why I'm feeling it so much but i feel like i need to start preparing for another girl now, to let myself down gently. I just can't say it to anyone irl, my husband has already said he wants another girl now, and i just feel relly snotty and ungrateful, i just have to say it somewhere!

How do you even go about mentally preparing yourself for hearing that it's not the gender you were hoping for??

I'm in a similar place. I have 2 girls and am expecting our third and last baby in March. Personally I decided not to find out the gender with this one (did with my previous pregnancies) Partly as we wanted to experience the surprise at birth this time but also because if we find out it's another girl I don't want to feel any sort of disappointment that might cloud my enjoyment of this pregnancy, or to hear any sort of negative comments from others. I know others have a different view to finding out and that's fine, I don't think there's a right or wrong answer. I've been choosing names for both genders and have bought some really cute neutral clothes and blankets, generally just trying not to have any expectations either way with regards to gender :flower:

I'm the opposite!! I have 2 girls and pregnant with our third. Dh and I are dying for another girl!!! Just something so special about 3 sisters I just would love it. I feel as though it's a boy I won't know what to do with myself lol. Really not sure how I'd feel... I always said if you go for a third baby and you already have 2 of same sex then u really just have to prepare yourself for the fact that odds are you will have another of the same. Maybe just try to convince yourself it's another girl so you won't be dissapointed? Hope u get your little boy though xx

Thanks guys.

I think my dh feels the same as you laila. He said he wouldn't know what to do with a boy!

Buttercup I don't know if we should find out...part of me feels like if we do and i'm a bit disappointed at least i can have my 5 minute upset and move on, and it won't be on my mind when they're born. At the end of the day it's not that I don't want a girl, just that i do want a boy! Have to keep thinking of it like that...

Thanks guys.

I think my dh feels the same as you laila. He said he wouldn't know what to do with a boy!

Buttercup I don't know if we should find out...part of me feels like if we do and i'm a bit disappointed at least i can have my 5 minute upset and move on, and it won't be on my mind when they're born. At the end of the day it's not that I don't want a girl, just that i do want a boy! Have to keep thinking of it like that...

Ofcourse and you are entitled to feel whichever way you do xx

I'm so similar. I have 2 boys and just found out at 14-week scan it looks like another boy. I'm quite sure doc is right, cos even I could see boy parts!

And it's so hard to see other people having one of each gender and striking the gender lottery and I'll have 3 boys.

I'm so gonna miss being able to buy beautiful girly dresses and clothes! Boys clothes pale in comparison to the variety of girls' clothes they have out there in the market.

I'm so happy to have found this thread! Took forever to figure out access into it, but yay!

Totally normal feelings.
Boys are easy lol its the same as having a little girl except they were different clothes and have different private parts.
I was very disappointed when i was told boy number 3 but was pretty well over it by the time he arrived.
It doesn't make you a bad person :)

Totally normal feelings.
Boys are easy lol its the same as having a little girl except they were different clothes and have different private parts.
I was very disappointed when i was told boy number 3 but was pretty well over it by the time he arrived.
It doesn't make you a bad person :)

Thanks! I've seen you on various threads. And you're expecting your surprise #4? How far are you now? Are you going to find out gender?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->