Surrogacy

Sparky0207

Mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
Right, without trying to be controversial.... what are everyones opinions on surrogacy? I absolutely love being pregnant and so think I would consider it but my whole family are totally against it (although this could be due to something that happened in the family)

Just wondered what everyone else thought? I know there are varying opinions on this though and I really do not wish to start a riot!!! xx

I dont think i could do it personally...im a very emotional person and dont think i would be able to detach myself from the baby....also....im quite vain and dont want to change my body for anything other than personal reasons!! i know that bad but that how i feel.

Also, i wouldnt be able to do it if i have children because there is always risks in pregnancy and dont think i could take the risk in something bad happening to me and leaving my children!

I would only do it for my sister!

To be honest (and im sorry if this causes offence) but i feel there are plenty children and babies who need homes and could be adopted so i think surrogacy isnt the only option for some people.

Well I haven't been through childbirth yet so I don't know how I'd react to being seperated.
So far I think I'd be able to do it.

What better gift to give someone than the gift of a child if they are unable to have one themselves?
If I was asked to do it I would. Of course it would depend on who asked me. Don't know if I'd do it for a complete stranger but rather friends who have been wanting a baby for years and cant have any.

But I have no issues with it at all.

I totally agree with you Rachie!

I said in my previous post that I would consider it, but that did mean for a family friend/my sister etc, not a stranger!

I know two people that have done it, one of them is a friend of the family who had a baby for her best friend. The friend and her partner couldnt have children. They decided adoption wasnt for them and so the other friend helped them. Its really nice now as the baby is about 4 years old and has the most amazing relationship with her 'auntie'. I think in circumstances like that its quite nice but I really dont agree with these people that do it for the money - its like selling their body!

If i felt I could do it I wouldnt do it for money either....thats kind of makes it for your gain rather than the childless couple's gain!

Its a very selfless act to do and I hold my hands up to the women who do it!

Having read your posts now I find I've more of an opinion than I thought. I agree with Rachie that there are loads of kids wanting homes through adoption. My auntie and uncle couldn't have kids because my Auntie had hormone treatment when she was younger so they adopted all 4 of my cousins from all around the world (they've lived all over).

I guess biologically the desire is to have your own children but surrogacy doesn't actually do that.

I wouldnt be a surrogte mother as i dont think i could carry a child and then give it up

Egg donations however is something ive looked into and is something i seriously may consider in the future.

I would only do it for my sister if she really really wanted to have a baby and wouldn't be able to. (This is actually true, but I think she has plans to adopt)

I never said but everything else aside I don't think I'd do it, not even for a family member or close friend. I feel like shit being pregnant, I think I'm already a bit too old to not feel the physical strain of the changes and I feel a bit like I might not even be prepared to do this for a 2nd child right now never mind for someone else!

There is no way on this earth i could carry a baby for 9 months and then hand him/her over to someone else after the birth.....I would love to think i could do it for someone i really loved but the bond with your baby is above all others and i honestly dont think i could do it!

I could never do it, i am way too motherly to give up a baby that i have grown and bonded too for nine month feeling those little feet and hands kicking away inside.

I just would never do it, it sounds bad but i could'nt even do it for my sister (who has been trying for the last 10 yrs), i would be emotionally heartbroken, it would be like greaving for a lost child, oh noooooooooo.

oh P.S. i take my hat off a million times to you ladies that could, it must be the best present you could give a woman.

oh P.S. i take my hat off a million times to you ladies that could, it must be the best present you could give a woman.

I think that is a really good thing to add!! I totally agree!!!

I definitely see it from both sides. I like to think I would be able to hand the baby over if it was someone I knew and who desperately wanted a child of their own but I know how much ive bonded with beanie and so it would be hard.

The thing I think I would worry most about is anything happening to me (selfish, i know) but my uncles fiancee actually died giving birth to a surrogate baby leaving behind all her family. This was nearly 5 years ago and it still has an effect on everyone when the anniversary of her death comes up.

I dont know why im thinking so hard about it but im trying to weigh up all the good and bad points to decide if I actually could do it if the situation arose

I personally love the idea of being able to do it but as some of you ladies have posted, I really think I would grow way too close and have a hard time giving the baby away in the end. I also dont think I would do it for money and would rather do it for a friend or family member rather than a complete stranger.

I absolutely admire the women that have and the women who think they could.

I will be very honest. I am not a patient pregnant person and I truly hate to say, but other than the milestones of hearing baby's heartbeat, feeling baby's movements and seeing baby on the scans, I do not enjoy being pregnant. I love my LO to pieces but it would be so much better for me to do away with the 9 months prior.

But the question is, would I be able to do it? Even if I enjoyed my pregnancies, I just couldn't hand over the baby that I carried and bonded with for 9 months. It's the greatest gift in the world to be able to do so, but I just couldn't do it.

I'm actually going to be doing it for my auntie sometime in the future, probably within the next 5 years. I love being pregnant, but I don't want anymore babies myself. BUT I would never ever do it for the money!

I absolutely admire anyone who could do it......

.... but me :nope:!! Might sound selfish but not even for my sis... I would just find it too too hard!! When my LO moves now I just want to cuddle my bump!! I love her sooooooo much already and she is sooooo precious to me....!!! I just dont think I could carry a baby for 9 months then watch my sis bring the baby up!!! I would get too attached!!!

Not only that I kinda dont like the whole pregnancy thing.... so the thought of putting myself through it and its all for someone else.... again :nope:!!!

I have seen surrogacy stories on tv programs and I think the women are AMAZING!!! More often than not it is a stranger who then becomes a friend... !! I dont know what would be harder!!!

I think it could be a wonderful thing for the right people. I couldn't do it but admire those who can give such a gift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->