Surviving night shifts

steele

Reaction score
I'm an a&e nurse and do a lot of 12 hour night shifts. I used to have a energy drink at around 4am to get me through til I get home but obviously I can't now. Any tips on surviving nights? Or anything I can eat/drink to give me a boost? I had some chocolate last night but it didn't help :(

I also work in a physically taxing job * work with very physical special needs children*- the hours are better though :winkwink: anyway, my OB gave me the ok to have no more than about 8 oz of coffee. It has helped me hugely, it's actually more effective now than when I wasn't pregnant for some reason. However, sometimes I just have to tough it out. All for baby, right?? Hang in there, mama.:hugs:

I'm an NA for now.. haven't worked nights but I still need my cup of coffee when getting up in the morning. Maybe try tea?

I'm mainly worried about the drive home, I felt myself nodding off this morning! Tea doesn't really wake me up, I might try a coffee tonight and see if that helps! Thanks xx

I work nights too as a nurse, I'm definitely finding it harder! My midwife said 1 small bottle of lucozade was ok, helps to keep the blood sugar levels up, I find I have to eat regularly too even if it's a biscuit here and there, I have pasta on my break to keep me going! We don't get a sleeping break at our place, do you? I find myself struggling to stay awake on my 5am break! ��

I'm a nurse too and do 12 hour nights every 3 weeks. I've found a bit of toast and a coffee about 4/4:30 gives me a good boots but not too much that I can't sleep when I'm home. How I miss relentless!!! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->