Swaddle Help..PLEASE!

tattlebaby

Reaction score
So my baby can pretty much break out of any swaddle blanket I can think of. Today I went out and purchased the Miracle Blanket because I kept hearing so many positive stories about it. I swaddled her with it and I love the Genius concept they've invented with the (arms)..but now, her legs are the problem..:growlmad:..OMG, am I doing something wrong? Have any of you guys used this blanket? Looking for tips on how to make this blanket work. LO hates being swaddled but it really is the only way she'll get any rest. I've tried letting her sleep w/out being swaddled and that went horrible. Poor thing doesn't know what's good for her. I read somewhere that other ppl who have the same problem use the blanket along with a receiving blanket for the (legs). But I don't seem to understand how to do it :shrug:..I need pictures with directions or something. Completely lost with this one. Help Please!!!

I love the miracle blanket too! My little guy also gets his legs out of it, but it doesn't seem to bother him so I don't worry about it. I do tuck a blanket in at the bottom of his crib over his feet so the don't get cold if he gets them out. Is your LO waking up because her legs are out?

My LO would constantly wriggle out of swaddling so we stopped doing it. She sleeps without a blanket now and is much happier. Could it be that she is too warm? Have you tried swaddling with a muslin?

My son hates swaddling too. We have the Miracle Blanket too and he STILL managed to get his arms out. We ended up buying a Woombie online which he actually seems to like, and since it zips up, he can't break out of it!

I just bought the miracle blanket too. He has kicked his legs out before so I dress him in a long sleeve/leg sleeper at night (we keep a/c at 74 and use the overhead fan) and he seems to stay at a comfortable temperature and I don't have to worry about him being cold. Also, after I swaddle him up, I go back under and give the leg part a tug and try to keep the pocket tucked under the swaddle and that seems to help.

I'd love to buy the woombie and give that a try but these swaddles are so expensive! I'm going to stick with the miracle blanket until it doesn't work.

Stalking!

My dd used to sleep well in her swaddle but now she breaks free like a little Houdini! :haha:

We bought the sleepsack swaddle and she just grunts and cries until her arms are free. We tried letting her sleep without it but her arms flail all over that she barely sleeps. Ahhhhh lol

My 9 month old is still swaddled but can get him self out now, we use the swaddle me wraps they are fab x

Try the Woombie. Thats what I used - my son just broke out of the swaddle habit and he's 9 1/2 months now. They have different versions and weights (with or without arms and convertible). It zips up - no breaking out.

I live in the US - I do have an extra one that I won't use that's brand new if anyone's interested PM me. I don't know how much it would cost to ship but if you're willing to cover that then I'll send it. I can't remember the weight on the that one so will have to check once home but I found it to be a lifesaver.

You may already have tried this but could you switch her into a grobag?
This is the only way DD will sleep. She was ok swaddled at first but then she started wriggling out of it and getting annoyed and she would just kick normal blankets off if we used them. Bedtime became such a battle so we put her in a grobag and she loves it! Haven't looked back since, in fact god knows what she would have slept in without it!

Well, I can totally understand this. I have been in this situation for almost 2 weeks during which my baby refused to sleep in any of the Swaddles. Then, I got to know about Nested Bean's Sleep Sack

Beleive me, now she sleeps 5 hours straight. This has made my life a lot more easy as I could have some sleep.

All thanks to Meredith - their Consumer Champion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->