Swaddling

Miss26

Reaction score
Anybody swaddle their baby? Alex is nearly 5 months and i still swaddle him but i would like to stop now its getting hot. I tried leaving his arms out but everytime he moved them it woke him up. Anyone swaddle their baby?

I swaddle Noah at night, he wount sleep unless I do. I wish he would also sleep without being swaddled,because I live in South Florida and it's about 95 F out! the only way he will sleep is swaddled or on his tummy(which I never do at night) I'd also like some tips on how to brake the swaddleing cycle.

Yeah sounds like me we can't swaddle them till they're 16 can we?!

Mia absolutely refuses swaddling, she sleeps with her arms above her head.
We try to swaddle her and every time she sneaks her arms out somehow.

Alex was never fond of swaddling. He'd let me get him all wrapped up nice and snug...and then he'd get his arms out ¬_¬
So we just gave up after a few weeks and let him flail all over the place :)

Mia absolutely refuses swaddling, she sleeps with her arms above her head.
We try to swaddle her and every time she sneaks her arms out somehow.

Colton's the same. He refuses to keep his arms in it. We haven't swaddled him but maybe 2-3 times since we left the hospital with him, and that was during the first few days.
Now he is almost two and a half months old, and he likes to kick his legs alot when he is sleeping too and refuses to keep them anywhere close to his body, so it's nearly impossible to even think about swaddling him!
And actually 90% of the time he wont even keep his blanket on, I have to lift each side of his body up and tuck it tightly under him, otherwise he kicks it off! :dohh:

I swaddled when Ella was in hospital for the 3 days but then when took her home she just never kept her arms in so stopped. She loves to do what aqua said about Mia and put her arms up near her head.

Also kicks around alot so would be useless anyway lol. I swaddled Carly for ahwile i know that and just one night stopped as i was in Australia at this point and it was extremly hot. She cried abit but soon stopped. Good Luck ;)

Samantha675 found some muslin blankets that would be great swaddling blankets in very warm weather.

Some babies are able to comfort themselves and really don't need the 'womb reminder' that swaddling is intended for. But for those babies that need the 'womb reminder' it's great!

https://www.thehappiestbaby.com/

goes into good swaddling technique and reasons behind swaddling... great book!

:hug:

BTW to start weaning baby from swaddling (after 4-5 months) just swaddle minus one arm to start out with, then minus the legs... etc.

how about trying one of those baby sleeping bag things?

ok, so I take my comment back. Mia was being miss fussy the other day and she gets overly excited and flaps her little arms and legs in the air like crazy and startles herself all the time, so I thought...why not swaddle her? And boy, it worked like a charm!

Also, we started doing this 3 nights ago and every night has been very successful.
After I feed her before bed, I give her a bath, put some lavender calming baby lotion on and swaddle her right away. I put her in the crib, play her little lullaby that she is addicted to, turn all the lights off, and BAM! She is knocked out in less that 5 minutes and sleeps from 6-8.5 hrs through the night!! SO amazing.

Aqua, yep its great, swaddling at night is the only way Noah will sleep!

Last night i got Alex to sleep in his swaddle then when he was in a deep sleep i loosened it and within 15 minutes he was thrashing his arms about waking himself up.

Miss26, sounds just like Noah, sometimes he brakes loose and wakes himself up!

Im not sure if I actually swaddle Seth, but we do wrap him up, but with his arms out because he's a thumb sucker. He won't sleep at night unless we do it.

xxx

We have a SwaddleMe for Izzie and she loves it! She goes to sleep right away and it stays done up all night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->