swaddling

luckyme225

Reaction score
Connor still only sleeps at night for 2-3 hours in a row at night and I wanted to give swaddling another try but I wonder if it's to late. When did you stop swaddling your LO? Once he got home from the hospital he just seemed to hate having his arms strapped down but I heard swaddling helps some babies from waking when they are asleep.

Swaddling is never too late. And yah they seem not to like it at first, but perservere! They will sleep better in the long run :)

I swaddle Noah, at first he hated it, but I bought the SwaddleMe's from Baby's R US and it works wonders because he cant brake through it like he does with a blanket.

I love the SwaddleMe!! Izzie kinda struggles with the swaddling, but once she's swaddled she love it! Last night she slept almost 5 hours while swaddled!

I think I will give it another go tonight, hopefully I might get a four hour stretch but thats probably pushing my luck. I have the swaddle me but I prefer Halo's design better. Now that its warm out do you just stick your baby in a onesie underneath?

Ruby gets swaddled at night time and will continue to for a few months, she sleeps just now for 3 hrs a time. Definately the proper shapped swaddling sheets are the best.
I would give it another go. When we go up to bed I usually swaddle her then and then give her her last feed before we go to sleep, she seems to relax more in the blanket when she's being fed rather than feeding her first then swaddling.

Yes , I put Noah in a onesie and a pair of socks, otherwise he get's to warm

It is safe to swaddle up to 6 months.
At 6 months babies lose their startling reflex completely and are less likely to wake themselves up with unintentional motion of their arms.

I don't swaddle Indi every night, just when he's fighting sleep and screaming because of it. I wrap him up real tight then hold him against & rock him to sleep, doesn't need the wrap after that... lol, my point is I don't think it's too late to swaddle your baby!

Jack was fighting sleep last night - he had gone down into basket loosely wrapped in a blanket, but decided to wake about an hour later - he was tired but fussing with his face & knocking his dummy out crying. As a last resort before getting him out I wrapped the blanket tightly around him tucking his arms inside & he was instantly calmed! I have swaddled him before but didn't realise it could have instant calming power! I know what to do from now on!:happydance:

I can't find the SwaddleMe that you girls are talking about but I really want to try it with Anna! Do they do it on the online store or will I have to actually go to BabiesRus?

Ohh found it ... :blush: ... Must remember 'Google is my friend'! lol

I've used my swaddleme the last three nights and he actually likes it :) Hopefully this is the start of more sleep!!!

I swaddled Noah until about 6 months! It seemed to settle him instantly!! Once he started fighting his was out of the blanket - I stopped!!

xx

We still swaddle Erica daily. Usually during her naps, and always at night. It is really hot here right now, so we usually just put her in a onesie, then swaddle her and shes happy. It takes her much longer to settle if we dont. I hope Connor starts sleeping more for you! =)

It's been so hot here that we sometimes just put Izzie in her diaper in the SwaddleMe and she is still very warm.

Some how Connor finds a way to almost sneak his left arm out of his swaddleme at night, hes such a stinker :) !

It's been so hot here that we sometimes just put Izzie in her diaper in the SwaddleMe and she is still very warm.

We do this for her naps if its hot like it has been, but I worry if we do at night cuz she gets out of the swaddle sometimes lol.

I might get one of those. I keep trying to swaddle Seth but he's a thumb sucker and somehow manages to get his hands out. I mustn't be doing it right! It does help him sleep though :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->