SWAP, DONATE, TOSS: Holiday season challenge 2011

Regalpeas

25th hour dash! 38+ trying
Reaction score
Hello Lovelies

Welcome to MY SWAP DONATE TOSS BOOK CHALLENGE!

This is my second reading thread on BNB. For my first click here:

Summer Reading 2011

So I have about 2 months to go through about a bookshelf worth of incomplete/never read books.

My goal is to start the book. If I can't get into it with in a day of trying I will either swap, donate it or toss it. NOTE: the odds of me actually throwing a book away is null. So most likely everything will be donated one way or another. The good books will go overseas to the troops. The rest may be swapped amongst family members or given away during the holidays.

Every book will be listed here with a rating and it's finally destination. Cheer me on. Woohoo.

(S)-SWAPPED
(D)-DONATED
(T)-TOSSED

1.Life Is Never as It Seems by J.J Michael
10/25/2011(D) Finished 10/29/2011

2. Fearless Loving by Rhonda Britten 11/1/2011 (D) finished 11/1/2011

3. Choose Me by Xenia Ruiz 11/1/2011

Thanks ladies for the support because this is a lot of work already. I'm in the process of stacking all the books in a pile to work through quickly. I finished my first book already. lol yay. I will donate it. I'm trying to get as much out now, because once the holidays are in full swing it will be extremely difficult to focus on the project with such details. More info later. :)

Life is Never As It Seems is by JJ Michael (D)

I give it a 4 out of 5.

This book is about Lindy a young lady the summer before she is to leave for medical school . Lindy is is sheltered by her grandfather and mother and is in love with a man they don't approve of. This books follows her journey of coming into her own in various ways including discovering her own spirituality outside of the path that was originally given to her.

This was a really good right from the beginning. I was intrigued by the main character who was meek, but had a fight in her. I also enjoyed the duality of most of the characters of the book. No one here was good or bad but a mixture of both. This book included mystical/spiritual elements that threw me for a loop at times, but for the most part I adored the writing. I hear there is a sequel. I look forward to reading it in the future.

Fearless Love by Rhonda Britten (S)
I give it a 5 out of 5.

With lines like "Dating is where you practice being yourself" and "Yes means nothing if you can't say no" I instantly fell in love with this under cover eastern philosophy self help love/dating/relationship book. Actually the author is Christian. lol But her writings had a tao feel to them. Anyhow, this was years ago. I read most of it then. However, returning to it reminded me of some of things I was going through before I met my husband. It also helped me to remember what I stood for. Even after finding "the one" or settling down one has to remember their love/relationship standards. I also like that this book also spoke about non-romantic relationships as well.

I especially enjoyed the chapter on forgiveness. I would definitely recommend this book to a friend which is why I've decided to swap it as well. This book is too good to be placed it randomly in the world. :) Coincidentally I bought it at a used book store's 1 dollar rack sale. Glad I snagged it before it went in the trash or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->