Sweep at 38 weeks?

pebbie1

Mum to Marielle & Markus
Reaction score
Hello ladies.
Due to blood pressure problems I'm going to have a sweep at 38 weeks to try and kick start labour. I've read about it and the results are about 50/50 when it's being done at 38 weeks. Anyone had it done at 38 weeks or anyone who had a sweep done, does it hurt? I have been having a lot of period pains and backache since yesterday and it hurts inside so hopefully things are favourable.
If it doesn't work I'll be induced so fingers crossed it'll work :)

I had one done Monday at 39 +1 and doesn't seem to have done anything. I have back pain and cramping but have had that since 38 weeks and that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I think if it was going to work for me it would have by now, but hope it will for you! Also, I was only 1 cm dilated, so if your OB/Midwife is able to get 2 fingers in it is better. Do you know how dilated you are?

Oh, and it didn't hurt for me, but she said that it would probably have if she could have gotten two fingers in. I have heard that it hurts but that it is pretty quick so worth it.

I had one at 3pm at 39 weeks and my baby boy was in my arms at 6.15pm at 39+1 so just over 24 hours later. To me it didn't hurt just uncomfortable although I had one from a doc in my 1st pregnancy and I felt like she ripped me apart (that one didn't work tho as I was induced straight after) After my sweep I had period pains all night and didn't get much sleep, in the morning they died Down and just came and went! My waters burst at 10.30am and I had few contractions 2.30pm they become stronger and 4.30 unbearable, my little boy was born at 6.15pm, the sweep defiantly worked for me! Good luck xx

Wow thanks ladies!
MrsWhite I have no idea if I'm dilated at all as nobody checked it so far. I have been getting pains inside though which feel like I'm dilating but I have no idea! I hope I am :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->