Sweep Questions??

Rubyblu

Reaction score
It seems many of you ladies talk of having a sweep before 40 weeks. Ive a midwife appointment thursday when I`ll be 39+4. Will I be offered one then? Shoudnt things wait untill after 40 weeks? But then again,I dont want to turn anything down and risk being induced later on and regret not trying these sweeps. Bit confused! :wacko:

Also Im a big wimp and have heard these are painful :nope: What are they like?? Would like to be prepared if midwife does want to get sweeping!!

Where I live, a consultant has to approve a sweep before 40 weeks. I've never found them painful, just uncomfortable ... And I'm a huge wimp!x

I had a sweep before 40 weeks but i think it depends on the area and their rules.

In regards to it being painful i had 2 sweeps, 1 before 40 weeks and 1 at 40+6, my cervix wasn't favourable and quite difficult to get to and i can honestly say it wasn't painful at all.

I wasn't offered one with my first child until 40+5, and now with my third Ive been offered one for 40+7

I saw my consultants registrar the last time i went and she asked when my next app is, when i told her its 40+4 she told me to change it for a week before when im 39+4 as i can have a sweep after 39 weeks

Ok,thanks ladies. So still confused as to when but maybe its based on individuals and midwives. ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->