Sweep today: Update *** labour story ***

jujusflo1986

Reaction score
So, today was my midwife appointment and I dont know what got into me, instead of going to my usual midwife I diverted to the main hospital to ask to see the consultant obgyn. Lol. Fortunately, he was available and i pleaded my case for an early induction nxt week on Wednesday. Told him i dont want 2 go past 40wks after having 2 miscarriages last year.
Behold he agreed and instructed the midwife to do a sweep. Midwife sweeped me up to 2cm dilated. Said cervix was very favourable, soft, central and head was very low.
I basically have a what looks like a 6 months bump due to baby being so low, and a Im walking like a duck.
Since the sweep had some blood stained discharge and some contractions. Fingers crossed ladies.
So, now I know I have at least 6 days left.

Good luck hon.
Whe is ure induction booked? Glad they agreed to do it b4 40 weeks

Sorry about ure previous losses. Hope it all goes well.
I found the last week running up to my induction flew by so fast.

Not long now hon.
Not keen on sweeps because they have never worked for me but at least u definitely know the end is so close.

Good luck hon.
Whe is ure induction booked? Glad they agreed to do it b4 40 weeks

Sorry about ure previous losses. Hope it all goes well.
I found the last week running up to my induction flew by so fast.

Not long now hon.
Not keen on sweeps because they have never worked for me but at least u definitely know the end is so close.
Next Wednesday. But Im starting to get more contractions now, and I'm pestering DH to have sex..to hopefully speed things up...:-=:-=.
Hope I get lucky

Awww hopefully its the start of something.

I had bleeding after my sweeps it lasted for about 2 days and contractions but they fizzled out. It is normol I'm not sure if they told you that.
Hopfully ure contractions do pick up and turn into the real thing.
How many weeks are you hon?

I’m glad they agreed to your request, friend. Sorry to hear about your losses. I hope everything goes well with you. Wishing you all the best for a safe delivery. Hugs! :hugs:

Updates: losing mucus plug since last night. Plugs is dark brownish to blood stained in colour. [-o<[-o<
Praying for a weekend delivery

I'm hoping for you hun! I was losing it Wednesday and Thursday after my sweep on Monday... baby is still in there :( I'm hoping for a weekend delivery too, my due dates tomorrow! ](*,)

Update: water broke, Im now admitted to the hospital. Contractions getting stronger. Im scared shitless but at least I know she's not far..

Ohhh amazing news! That happened so fast! Good luck to you!

Contractions less frequent now...this baby is playing with me. They will start induction tomorrow morning if I have not delivered by then. Will definitely be going on antibiotics for both me and baby after delivery. Looking at at least 1 week admission.

At least they are getting ahead of themselves with the antibiotics but hoping you deliver very soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->