• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sweep- USA

jozylynn896

Reaction score
Hey ladies I've a few questions about sweeps.
Okay so, I'm 39 weeks today and I wanted to know if I can have a sweep? I'm not entirely sure I want one, juat wondering.
Also do they hurt?
What exactly do they feel like?

I am 39 weeks today also! I have my appt tomorrow, and I am able to have a sweep if I want one. I'm not sure that I'm going to do it though, because I had 2 sweeps done with my last pregnancy, and it didn't do anything but hurt. Maybe I have a really low pain tolerance, or maybe the midwife that did it was really rough, but I found the experience painful enough to question whether I want to do it again or not. It will be a last minute decision tomorrow lol. I don't mean to scare you away from it or anything. It may work for you! Everyone's body reacts differently. I have read that some didn't think it was painful, so you never know:winkwink:

I was able to get an attemptive sweep at 38+2 and a good sweep that didn't do anything at 39+2 so I would assume you could ask for it. My doctor asked me if I wanted it and I just said yes please lol

I have 4 kids and never ever went into labor. I have always been induced. I am surprised they never offered me a sweep. This is the first I have ever even heard of it. My youngest is 10 though so maybe this just wasn't done then?

My first baby I went overdue and had to be induced at 40+9. I never got a sweep because my cervix was never dilated or ripe. So it wouldn't have done anything. I think it may depend on your situation. You can probably always ask for one, but it may not work or be effective if things aren't ready yet. ( I hope that made sense....)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->