• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

sweet and sour sauce

BabyMamma93

Mummy of a Easter baby
Reaction score
is this a no go? im really not arsed making it myself, i dont have the money, skills or patience to, so is shop bought (or CHILDRENS ready meals) sweet and sour a no go? its not something i will give him all the time, he had a little of mine before and loved it it will be a once in a while thing

I wouldn't have a problem with it. There is nothing in it that he wouldn't be exposed to in other foods. Like you said it is a once in awhile treat. I would think it is fine.

I would, and do, give sweet and sour to my LO. Always have done but then my food is always home made, we don't get anything from jars or packets. The sugar and salt contents of jars and ready meals are horrendous (in general) but a once in the while meal wouldn't cause any issues just be careful of intake of salt and sugar throughout the day.

Yeah I'd just check the salt content and not give it if he's already had a lot of salt that day. If you can find a pack that has less salt and sugar I'd go for that one, but as an occasional treat it should be fine.

1yr olds should have less than 2g salt (equivalent to 0.8g sodium) per day.

Yeah I'd just check the salt content and not give it if he's already had a lot of salt that day. If you can find a pack that has less salt and sugar I'd go for that one, but as an occasional treat it should be fine.

1yr olds should have less than 2g salt (equivalent to 0.8g sodium) per day.

that was going to be my next question, i thought it was that but was unsure :)

thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"