Sweet tooth!

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
I have just started weaning Tristan one meal a day.

One annoying thing - he seems to take sweet pureed food really well (i.e. apricot, banana, pear) but refuses to take the savoury stuff!!! For example, today I gave him some pureed leek and potato - he spat it all out and screamed. The minute I gave him some apricot and baby rice, he smiled and ate it all up.

What do you recommend I do to try and get him to take savoury foods?

Hebe is the exact opposite. She blows the sweet stuff back at me and if she does take any she 'judders'. :lol:

I dont know what to suggest really!?

Just keep trying. Hannah actually wasn't fond of sweet potatoes at first but now she loves them. She's not all that picky though.......not sure if it's her or just the fact that I always keep trying, if she rejects it one day I'll try again a week later. They do say that it can take up to 15 tries for a baby to accept a new food

Are you trying to give the savoury stuff during the day or night?

I think babies naturally have a sweet tooth as their milk is sweet so it is what they are used to. The first few days my baby preferred sweet things too but then when he got used to the textures of "eating" he started eating everything.

what about carrot/sweet potato/ parsnip/ butternut squash? i find these work quite well combined for instance i might give 2 carrot cubes mixed with 2 sweet potato and i'll throw in a broccoli cube for iron, seems to go down well x

Good ideas!

Soontobe - I give him a weaned meal in the early evening.

I mix the sweet and savoury stuff sometimes lol asmax has a big sweet tooth ..but hes getting the hang of it ..he will eat veg or meat if hes distracted with a toy in his hands ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->