Swelling

aymz1983

Reaction score
Hi all

I know it's well known that pregnancy and swelling can go hand in hand but usually you read/hear about it in later pregnancy. However has anyone had it in first tri? I'm about 6 weeks now, and have had swollen ankles and feet today despite drinking loads. I had swollen ankles and feet a couple days ago too although I hadn't drank as much as I probably should have.

It just seems to be one more thing for me to worry about. I'm going to ring GP/midwife tomorrow but curious to know if anyone has experienced it so early and it be normal.

Thank you :)

I’m sure I did with my fifth. I remember thinking it was a bit early for that, but putting it down to it being the height of the summer heat. I did end up with pre-eclampsia but not until our daughter was almost due.

Try raising your legs above heart level, rest as much as you can and drink plenty. Cut back on salt and caffeine and definitely give the midwife or GP a call tomorrow just to be on the safe side, but I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about. Occasionally I get puffy feet and ankles now even though I’m not pregnant

Thanks :) unfortunately no summer heat to blame here! I spoke to GP today who said it's unlikely down to pregnancy at this stage and wants me to get my blood pressure checked over a couple of days, as it's been borderline high before so just to get a good baseline. So...more worry but at least good to get it checked early

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->