Swimming party

smelly07

Mummy of 2 girls & wifey
Reaction score
Okay well i posted a thread awhile back about having a 'pizza party' for my daughters 7th birthday and booked it HOWEVER after talking to her friends at school the majority of children who she wants to invite 'dont like pizza' :wacko:........which equals 'pizza party' SCRAPPED!!!!

SO

i was talking to a collegue who said her son had a 'swimming party' at our local leaisure centre and they section of most of the swimming pool and they have floats out and balls and play games with the kids, you have two people allocated to your party but they also ask for a few more adults to help out and get in the pool with the kids to.........sounds great they are in the pool for about an hour just over and then get out and dressed and have food everything is supplied apart from the cake.

as a parent how would you feel about your child going to a swimming party?

or has anyone been to one? or had one for their child?

how was it? any tips? or suggestions?

i will also need to find some adults who would be willing to get in the pool with all the kids!!!!! thats going be hard LOL!!!!

I went to one and the staff were very good. How old is your daughter? personally I would get in the water with my kids too if they got invited x

she will be 7 and MOST of the children who will be invited will be that age as they will be friends from school.

how many adults/children were in the pool? I think alot of parents wil stay and watch and help get their kids dressed after but i cant see many getting in the pool x

We went to one when Sophie was 1 (it was a friends older LO's parties but she wanted Sophie to go :))
It was really good! Me and hubby, and quite a few of the other mums and dads (mostly dads tbh) got in too, some of the mums sat in the cafe to the side. They had food after in a seperate room.

I went to one when I was younger and remember loving it, I can't remember much about it in detail though.
I definitely wouldn't mind DD1 going to one and she is 8, she would love it.

I think it's a great idea, wish I had thought of it TBH for her 8th party. :)

I have been to a few and I am actually thinking of doing one this year for my sons 8th birthday. I would just ask the parents if they would be willing to get in with their child also, or get some of your family in to help you, OH, grandparents, aunty's, uncles, etc. This is what I am planning.

brilliant thanks girls.............

im thinking 20 children maximum how many adults do you think will be enough? x

I had loads as a kid! Probebly about 5 years in a row.

They were fab from memory and its definitely something I'd consider when my LO's are older.

Personally if it was me having it I would be looking at maybe 4-6 other adults as you already have 2 there which I would assume are professionals. They will all be 7ish so hopefully not to much of a handful iykwim?

If your really unsure perhaps ask the staff there how many they would recommend. :)

Im just shocked your daughter's friends dont like pizza :lol: x

They recommend at least 2 other adults but i am thinking possibly 4 adults in the pool with the two pros x

I think 4 would be plenty as with the other 2 that is still a ratio of nearly 1 adult to every 3 kids. :)

sounds like a good idea, I am also shocked by the kids not liking pizza, I thought every body liked pizza :haha:

My daughter hates pizza lol./ With 20 kids I would say about 6-10 adults x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->