Swimming with baby

caggimedicine

Mummy to Harry
Reaction score
I've been thinking of taking Harry swimming - I'm hoping he'll love it, as he absolutely loves bath time and splashing in water. However, the more I think about it, the more daunting it seems....

Apart from a swim nappy, what should he wear? I'm thinking of buying one of these but is that all he would wear? Should he have something on his top half or not?

I took alfie swimming on good Friday and it was a big mistake for me he wore just a swimming nappy which is fine the problem was I had phoned and asked of they had a baby pool and they said yes but when I got there it was more like a toddler pool and the water was freezing especially as alfie likes a warmer bath than normal.

So I would check with the swimming baths have a proper baby pool that is the correct temp and a swimming nappy is great.

I'm not sure for a boy? - Do they sell swim trunks for babies?

If not then I think that's all he would have to wear.

I'm no help, sorry. x

So I would check with the swimming baths have a proper baby pool that is the correct temp and a swimming nappy is great.

Thanks for that. You'd have thought they'd make the "baby pool" or any pool for children warm wouldn't you? I'm planning on going with my friend, and she's quite neurotic about things like that and has already found the place we're going.... but will check it out just incase!

I'm not sure for a boy? - Do they sell swim trunks for babies?

All i've found so far is those all-in-one sun block swim costumes - the type you see kids wearing on holiday. I wasn't sure that was appropriate for just the swimming pool. The swim nappy seems to be a nappy and trunks in one. Just wasn't sure what he should wear on his top half... seems like he'd be a bit naked lol!:blush:

Kathryn will be wearing her swim diaper and a bathing suit :https://www.target.com/Infant-Girls...t&field-browse=1038576&rh=k:circo swim&page=2
it'll be at my friend's house her pool is heated and it will be so hot in the summer so she'll be ok. As suggested, check out the pool you want to go to and make sure it's not too cold.

Maybe a silly question but they start swimming classes with parents ("Parent and Tot" classes) at like 3 months I think here, but I can't find a bathing suit for a size under 12 months.. are smaller babies meant to just wear the swimming diapers and a t-shirt or something or??

me and maddi love our swimming! we've taken her since 8 weeks, and we've been having lessons once a week since 12weeks! they're fab!

i would suggest a little baby wet suit/all in one. like that do in mothercare, over the top of a swim nappy. maddi wheres splash abouts for our lessons, https://www.splashabout.net/about.testimonials.php?language=en currently with a wrap, and it makes her really easy to handle in the water, and keeps her nice and warm. though she has some cute little swim suits for other times! x

Hi. Which pool are you thinking of going to? I've been to a couple in the area, might be able to tell you more about them...

Hi, we go swimming with AJ, he wears a swim nappy and one of these https://www.next.co.uk/shopping/children/swimwear/11/8

We take sam swimming about once a month and he wears a little all in one suite and a swim nappy under it you can get them from mothercare,boots and any other big store
it just keeps them a bit warmer cos the water is cold x

Maybe a silly question but they start swimming classes with parents ("Parent and Tot" classes) at like 3 months I think here, but I can't find a bathing suit for a size under 12 months.. are smaller babies meant to just wear the swimming diapers and a t-shirt or something or??

when chloe was baby i found swim suits from 3-6 months in mothercare and tesco

i got archie a little pair of swimming shorts from mothercare they have a built in swim nappy and can just be put in the washer after use..i think they were only £8

I'm from the states and we sell bathing suits for both girls and boys (little sizes). The place I like going is www.oldnavy.com, they are pretty cheap and have cute swimwear. Also, www.babygap.com, www.gymboree.com or www.childrensplace.com. These websites only sell the swimsuits (not the waterproof diaper). I would go to WalMart and buy Huggies "Lil Swimmers", they are water proof diapers. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->