switched to formula and now dropping down the chart

buttonnose82

Wife & Mummy
Reaction score
Hi, I am just after some reassurance really!

about 6 weeks ago I switched my little dude from breast fed to formula, he has taken the change really well, is happy & content, however, since the switch he has dropped from the 25th line to the 5th line on his chart.

is this something I should worry about??

At his age i dont think its anything to worry about, he might just be taking less formula than BM since he wont be feeding for comfort anymore.

If he's just dropping liines then it should be fine, as long as he's not actively losing weight (does that make sense?) I found with Roo that the lines just kept going up and up but her weight gain didn't tend to like following those lines. She rubber-banded from the 9th to off the charts more often than I could count, and was a good 18 months before settling around the 2nd centile.

Is he getting more active now as well? For some babies that does stop the weight gain, as they are burning off so many calories with moving as well as growing, rather than the majority of calories going on growing :)

At 11 months I'm guessing it's less nursing for comfort and probably more mobility!

I'd say it's more about his age than the switch to formula. The idea behind the percentiles is that doctors are looking for a baby or child to have their height and weight close together on the chart. Where they fall on the chart itself can vary as they have growth spurts and then level out for a while. As long as he didn't actually loose weight, it's nothing to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->