Switching from breast to bottle

gafpromise

Mom of one
Reaction score
Hey, so I have a 3-week old boy and I've been breastfeeding with some pumping. Want dad to be able to help out too and also I will be getting back to work so baby boy needs to be able to take a bottle. He takes it fine, seems to be getting enough to eat. But the bottle doesn't seem to satisfy him - it doesn't put him in a milk coma the way being on the breast does. Even if I let him suckle for 5 minutes after the bottle he's much less fussy. Any ideas about making it a smooth transition?

He might be wanting to comfort suck, would you be opposed to using a dummy? Also, I would put more in the bottle so that he still have some left after finishing to ensure he's had his fills? Mine you, my baby refuses bottle after a few weeks old so I don't really know much about it.

I'd try a dummy as well. My bub likes to comfort suck but refuses to comfort suck on the boob because milk comes out and it makes him angry! So the dummy solves that for us.

Yes, we are using pacifiers, mostly he accepts them pretty well but still has a tendency to be fussy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->