Switching to BLW later?

divadexie

Reaction score
I have been introducing food to LO.
Now, obviously she is not able to do the whole BLW yet as she hasn't worked out how to control her arms and hands yet Lol.

But is it OK to start just now I feed her the powdered foods and will change that to puree'd stuff I make later when she has got the hang of it.

Once she is able to hold food and put things in her mouth can I change to do it by her or will that just confuse things? Will she need more milk again if I do that?

At the moment of course she is still getting all of her milk feeds and Im unsure when to start cutting them back :wacko: It's all so confusing!

Im sure you've seen the goings on with me and alex. Shes been on purees and couldnt handle lumps but has suddenley flicked a magic switch and we let her BLW and she can handle foods so much better!!!! Ive just had her literally steal a piece of bread off me, i wondered where it had gone :rofl:

BLW is not recommended for very low weight preemies so i would imagine if you waited a lil longer you'd be fine i think!

Will be keeping doing what Im doing and I think once she is old enough and ready then she can start doing it herself :)

Once Holly is able to sit in a highchair I am going to introduce BLW but I will probably add it as an extra as I want to ensure she gets enough high calorie food to help with her weight.

I just had a thought.
Say when she can sit up and she can find her mouth... if I feed her lunch and then offer her steamed veg or something or whatever I am eating.
Then gradually get her to do more of it herself and slowly decrease what I am feeding her from a spoon?

That's how I intend to do it. Holly can pick things up now and everything goes into the mouth but she can currently only sit in her bumbo and I read somewhere them sitting up properly contributes to them not choking.

Looking forward to trying it but will be terrified lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->