Swy.. TMI.. but why no intercourse?

mommydrgnfly

Prego w/ 4th.
Reaction score
sorry if TMI.. and too personal.. but hey we are all prego chics here lol.. my doc said that I could not have intercourse for atleast 6 weeks, til I am 36 weeks.. i thought that was to prevent myself from going into premature labor (again).. but she told me today it was to prevent discomfort.. so I am confused.. can I or can't I? If it can not harm the baby or throw me into labor what is the harm??? Why torture lol.:rofl:

I'm 36 weeks now, and baby has engaged... I do not want sex cause I am so uncomfortable.

But, if you have waited the advised 6 weeks (probably to ensure you were brought closer to full term - cause babies born prior to 35 weeks have a hard time breathing on their own cause their lungs are not always mature enough) you can try it but you might find it uncomfortable.

And if you were already one to suffer from preterm labour, your cervix might have begun to dilate so you would be considered "raw" and it would have been extremely painful to have intercourse so soon. Did you ask her today if you could have sex now?

I had my Strep-B test today and it felt like razor blades (and it was only a qtip). Very uncomfortable. I cannot imagine having sex right now, personally :>

Good luck hun.

I don't think it would be uncomfortable.. would not know we have not tried.. becuase we thought it would throw me into premature labor again.. i am still posterior and only the outer part of the cervix has opened.. but the inner part (the part they are concerned with) is still closed and thick.. so i would think it is safe.. my other pregnancys were normal.. so this is why i am lost with this whole thing. Thanks for the response :).

Have you lost your mucus plug? If you have, it is advised you do not have sex due to the possibility of an infection.

as far as i know i have not.. nope nope :).. i have back pains right now.. no contractions now for awhile yay me..

I answered your other thread too... with my last pregancy I was put on bed rest... and forbidden to have sex... and this was to prevent anything encouraging preterm labor... I think your doc may have been spacing out or busy when she was talking to you... discomfort is something you can choose for yourself... but preterm labor... now that is something your doc can advise you on... I would obstain if I were you... just till you get a bit further on.... sorry ... probably not what you want to hear... :hugs:

I am banned until 34 wks due to preterm labour x

wanted to thank everyone again for the responses you have helped more than u know. I guess i will just have to suffer :( lol. Out of curiousity.. does anyone know how much of an affect stress can have on baby? it already threw me into premature labor over the weekend..and here i am on bedrest :(.. but i worry more could result from it because stress keeps getting worse no matter what i do.

I would try not to stress hun its no good for u :hugs:

As the outer part of your cervix is open, your inner cervix is more easy to get to. If you have sex, semen contain prostaglandins which when they reach the inner cervix can cause dilation, causing you to go into premature labour.

eek.. and already going into premature labor over the weekend i dont want that to happen again.. if i go into premature labor again and i actually have to deliver they have to fly me to vegas or pheonix which driving is 2.5-3hrs away.. because they do not have the equipment to deliver a baby before 36 weeks that is why they have me on bedrest.. its extremely scarey.

I haven't had sex in 12 weeks :(

I'm not horny like I used to be, but I'd really really really like to have sex!!!

I'm not sure why you were told not too.... I'm sure it was a good reason if your doc said no. Good luck hun

xx

I was on pelvic rest up until my placenta moved... I was in second trimester...

IDK I would think gentle sex, with a condom to prevent the contractions from semen would be okay? I mean past 30ish week your baby is very very viable... but I am no Doctor so go by what they tell you ;) and call and ask or go in.... I guess make sure things are clear before you leave the office... kwim? :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->