sylvanian family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingajewel

Mommy to Megan
Reaction score
My lo went to a friends last week and played with some sylvanian family bits that she absolutley loved.
I was going to get her some playmobil for her main present for Christmas but am now swaying towards sylvanian families but I no nothing about it! Is it worth it? What are the best sets to get? And most importantly are there are any bargains on it at the moment?

They are beautiful but I gave some to my eldest who is 6 and she lost most of the pieces :( was gutted

My little girl is 6 & we already have a fair amount from last christmas & birthday.
The main problem for me is the price of the furniture £22 for a tiny plastic kitchen is
too much so I do get a few furniture sets from ebay.

Maybe start with the school which is on offer at toys r us at the minute, that way you get a few desks & bits with it.
https://www.toysrus.co.uk/index.jsf?fh_eds=?&fh_location=//trus/en_GB/categories%3C%7btrus_trus%7d/itemtype=product/%24s=sylvanian%20school&fh_start_index=0&fh_view_size=10&fh_refview=lister&media=web
if you add something else to make it £30 then you can use the birthday code for £5 off & still get free delivery.
Then maybe a family or two - I always wait for them to drop to around £8 a set & snap them up.
Argos have a few offers
https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1071564.htm
https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1094709.htm
I'm still on the hunt for a few bits myself so I'll post them on this thread if I find a bargain. x

Thankyou! They do look beautiful but really over priced!! I am going to get the school from toys R us I think and may get her a set of figures!
They are beautiful and i know my lo will love them.....but so expensive!!

I had Sylvanian families as a child and they are so lovely, I really hope Zoe likes them when she is old enough! There are lots of tiny pieces, so you would need to be sure she will look after them, otherwise you could be wasting your money. And they are expensive (don't know if they always were - never thought about it when I had them!) but worth it if your daughter loves them as much as I did. I was secretly quite upset when I got rid of them, only did because I thought I was too old. Wish I'd kept them to pass on to Zoe now.

I have been collecting Sylvanian families when it has been on offer. I am giving DD her first sets this Christmas :)

I had Sylvanian families as a child and they are so lovely, I really hope Zoe likes them when she is old enough! There are lots of tiny pieces, so you would need to be sure she will look after them, otherwise you could be wasting your money. And they are expensive (don't know if they always were - never thought about it when I had them!) but worth it if your daughter loves them as much as I did. I was secretly quite upset when I got rid of them, only did because I thought I was too old. Wish I'd kept them to pass on to Zoe now.

I had them when I was little too and didn't think about the cost at all! My mom gave mine to a charity shop when I had outgrown playing with it and I am gutted now! They sound perfect for my lo, everything she loves so am going to get her a set as her main present.

I got the beechwood hall set for my 3 year olds birthday and she loves it. I got from toys r us for about £30 on offer and when we got it had free 2 figures and a writing desk and piano. It had two lights. Lo loves. I got two cheap furniture sets to go with from amazon and she already has the family of rabbits

Tesco have a few good offers on, also there is a £10 off £50 code on HUKD.

Starter house with furniture £25 & a few sets on buy two for £15.

Sylvanian nursery now £12.50 on amazon, free delivery too. x

Oh I love Sylvanians. I had tons when I was younger but I sold them all when I was a teenager. Can't wait for DD to be old enough to have them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"