Symphysis pubis pain or pelvic girdle pain

oneway

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone else noticed discomfort or pain around your pubic bone? I have this feeling of pressure on my pubic bone, and can feel a slight twinge when I move around in bed at night. I also feel a slight stiffness or pain when I sit in certain positions or try to run. I asked my doctor and she said that this was completely normal. I am not in terrible pain or struggling with day to day activities, but I am worried that this might get worse.

Anyone else dealing with this or have dealt with this? Does this get worse as the pregnancy progresses? I am starting to worry a bit :help:!

I started getting quite bad pain in my pelvis after walking alot at 15 weeks ish but put it down to just doing excess walking. It does ease off and come back at different times so I can live with it but at times it is really severe. I haven't been diagnosed with SPD because it's never seemed bad enough to tell my midwife about however now as I will see her more often as I get near the end if it is bad I'll definitely tell her. I don't know much about how it will progress though. Hopefully it doesn't get too bad for you x

I'm suffering with SPD, but mine's in my back :(
Been having physio for it which has really helped! Speak to your MW

yes ive been dealing with it, in the early stages again, it got quite severe in my last pregnancy and im not looking forward to it happening again. theres a HUGE support thread in Pregnancy club i'll see if i can bump it up it has loads of tips for managing it ,
do get yourself to a physio though it will help, and try to keep your legs together no crossing you legs etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->