Tabitha or Juniper? Help us choose!

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
We were 80% set on Tabitha until recently. It was my choice but OH was on board. Then our 3yo randomly came up with Juniper, and we both liked it... Now I'm thrown.

OH prefers Juniper (as does DS) but likes both. I feel like I prefer Tabitha, but there's no meaning behind it and I like the story of DS choosing her name if we go with Juniper.

Both names have good nickname potential, but I'm especially fond of Tabby for Tabitha. With Juniper I like Junie and Pip/Pippa but not quite so keen on June by itself... Although she is due in June so it would fit.and would be a nice simple name if she wanted a more common name as an adult.

Middle names will be Rosemary Ann after family.

Honest opinions please and please comment as to why you chose what you did.

Edit: I can't get the poll to work but just post your answer!

Edit 2: I should mention that I chose DS's name so I feel like OH should get more of a say this time.

I really like Juniper. It just sounds like such a lovely natural name.

However, I like the flow of Tabitha with the middle names just a bit better. But they both sound good either way.

Edit: like others have said the story behind Juniper is precious.

I prefer juniper. Its different but not insane.

For me tabitha is too old fashioned

I love Tabitha/Tabby so much!

If I'm completely honest, I don't really like Juniper much as a name, but if my OH and DS picked it that would make it grow on me (iykwim!). I do love Pip/Pippa though. It was my first choice for another girl for ages but a close friend named her daughter Pippa 6 months ago so it put me off.

Personally I'd probably go with the full name Juniper because of the nice background story but use Pippa or Junie every day.

Juniper Rosemary Ann is really pretty too :)

Neither are particularly my style, but I prefer Juniper.

I think the name Tabitha is cute -- although very rare in the US. Probably bc of the old show Bewitched... it's often associated as the name of a witch. Plus I've never heard of anyone called "Tabby." I've only heard it in reference to tabby cats.

So.... although I like the name Tabitha.... I much prefer Juniper. It's unique and quirky and fun! Plus your DS & OH prefer it.... and I LOVE that your son picked it! Definitely gets my vote!

Choosing name is so difficult.. I think I would wait for the baby to be born and see what she looks like more;))

Although, when I read Juniper, it took me couple of times, I kept reading it Jupiter.

Ooh that is a hard one. I think Juniper is a bit more interesting as a name, and I love the nickname options. They both sound sort of hippy-ish (in a good way) which I do like.

Juniper sounds like more of a funky girl, with a spunky personality. Tabitha sounds like a bookworm who is dependable and quiet. Maybe meet baby first?

I love the namw Tabitha as that's what my current baby is going to be named, however I think Juniper is cool and quirky too :) it's a tough one!

We have a Juno, so I vote juniper. Tabitha makes me think of a cat, sorry! :dohh:

I just love june and Junie so has to be Juniper for me.

I like Tabitha too but soon as you say Tabby, 'Tabby Mc Tat' the buskers cat pops into my head! X

I also think immediately of cats when I hear Tabitha, and Juniper is so unique. I definitely vote Juniper.

I'm not a big fan of tabitha but absolutely love juniper! 😍 it's unique but not out there. especially love the fact that your DS chose it.

Tabitha has always made me think of cats too! I'm not much of a cat person either lol

Juniper would be too out there for me to personally use, but it's one of those names that I wish I was cool and brave enough to choose! Junie is very cute. Y5 class in Jack's school is 'Juniper class' so it wouldn't go down well around here though lol :dohh:

I prefer Juniper, but only because of the tabby cat association with Tabitha, which does put me off. If you're not put off by that then it does sound like you like Tabitha better.

Ooh that is a hard one. I think Juniper is a bit more interesting as a name, and I love the nickname options. They both sound sort of hippy-ish (in a good way) which I do like.

Juniper sounds like more of a funky girl, with a spunky personality. Tabitha sounds like a bookworm who is dependable and quiet. Maybe meet baby first?

My name is Tabatha, and while it is a letter different, it's the same. Minties you are so spot on with this, haha

I'm obviously biased, but I vote Tabitha. I absolutely love my name, and while bewitched references are annoying, people always tell me how much they like my name.

I like tabitha, it would have been on my list had this baby been a girl. I do like Juniper, just prefer Tabitha :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->