Tabitha

Blizzard

Mum and WTT
Reaction score
Both my DH and I really like this name, but various family members have raised objections.

On the poll could you list your feelings?

Matilda is our back up, but we love Tabitha and think it goes with Finley very nicely. Our third choice is Willow. Opinions?

Go!

Tabitha is great for a tabby cat but its also just a nice name... Ive recently been looking and rescue centers and never realized just how many dogs have my chose baby boys name lol but it wont put me off

We are naming ours Willow so I can't help but play favorites and vote that one :)

It's not to my taste but if you love it, go for it! I like Matilda though and love nn Tilly.

Go with what you like -- it's a fine name, ignore your family.

I love the name Tabitha!!! That was on my list, but DH wasn't a fan:( I also love the name Willow! So pretty!

Thanks for all the responses. It just gets frustrating when I say "Tabitha" and everyone gets all sceptical and says "isn't that a cat's name?"

I have never yet met a cat named Tabitha. Apart from the one written by Beatrix Potter anyway. I suspect it's her fault.

I like it but I did vote for reminds me of a cat as it always has done! Still like the name though. I really like Matilda though and that would be on my list of girls names.

Thanks :) in fairness a reminder of a cat is not really a bad thing? Is it?

I've never heard of a cat called Tabitha. Either way if you like the name I'd use it. I wouldn't let that put me off. Some cats/animals have very "human" names...Like for instance "Charlie" and "Max"
I personally don't care for Tabitha as I tend to like more modern/made-up names but my favorite out of the 3 would be Willow as I think it goes best with Finley.

I voted go for Matilda as I really like the name and think it goes well with your sons name.

I don't dislike tabitha - slightly makes me think of a cat but as you said is that a bad thing!? I'm sure if I met a human with the name i wouldn't think cat.

I don't know why but I really don't like willow.

I love it :) it does make me think of a cat, but I don't think that matters. Cats are awesome anyway :) Plus the name Matilda makes me think of a robotic stag beetle, and Willow of my Dad's friend's (gorgeous) dog, so I think all names will remind someone of something, and I don't think a cat is all that bad tbh.

Matilda the beetle was awesome though...
"Activate!"

x

Very pretty. Wasn't the little girl in Bewitched called Tabitha? You know, Darrin and Samantha's daughter?

I looooooove Tabitha! I wanted to name DD Tabitha Catherine so we could call her Tabby cat :haha: but DH said no, boo. I love the nickname Tabby and although it does remind me of a cat I don't see that as a bad thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->