Taking 3 year old to scan?

fernie3

Reaction score
My 12 week scan is tomorrow and Dh would really like to come but we haven't been able to find anyone to have our three year old. Will it be ok to take her if Dh just had her on his lap ? Or will he have to stay home?

The scan is at a children's centre because I am with one to one midwives

I am so so nervous convinced I will get there and it's all been a mistake ! I could do with Dh to steady my nerves!

Thanks!

I know some places allow children but it is their decision. Maybe you could call beforehand to ask and make sure?

We are taking our LO if the hospital allows it.

X

The hospital I am at does not allow children into scans.. they have to wait in the waiting room with someone whilst you have the scan.. probably best to check :)

I'd say best to check beforehand. The only scans ive been able to take my son to were our private ones we paid for. Our local hospital doesn't allow children under 12 at any scan in any department, they have to sit it the waiting room with an adult. Glad we checked as we planned to take out son to our 20 week scan.

My 5 year old came into my first scan (7 wk). I took the iPad and she sat on DHs lap. It wasn't an issue at all (there was a sign saying 1 child allowed but might be asked to leave). I imagine each hospital will have their own policy.

DS1 was just over 2 when he came into my scan with DS2. I remember because the sonographer asked him if the scan was good to which his response was 'it was alright' with a shrug. She looked really upset :haha:

I would check with the hospital whether they allow it. If mine allow then I will be taking my three year old in :) If not then she will have to stay with my parents.

For our NT scan on Monday, we took our 2.5 year old in with us, along with the 2 grandmas - quite the family affair! They were more than happy to have them in the room with us.

They had to take him outside towards the end because he thought the baby looked scary. This was a spiffy private scan clinic so probably different policies.

Id ring and ask. Strictly no children allow at hospital i go too.

The hospital where my scan is doesn't allow children in either so best to call and check :thumbup:

I didn't even think that taking your child in would be an issue, we have one DS and I am 9 weeks so awaiting my 12 week scan. We don't have any family members that could have him while we go I will be gutted if I have to go in alone 😔

At our hospital it's strictly no children in for scans. I'd certainly check first.

Wow im suprised so many hospitals dont allow children in!! What if your a single parent with no1 to watch your child? I will probably be taking my 3 year old as i want my OH there with me and no1 knows im pregnant so cant ask a family member to have her while we go

at the hospital where I go, children have to wait outside then they can go in after the checks on the scan have been done to make sure everything is ok xx

I'm surprised so many places say no. My place is rather laid back and as long as the child is good they have no issues. We bought my daughter to our first scan at 7 weeks so at that point my daughter was like 15 months or something like that. We haven't brought her to any other scan though since we knew those would be longer and we'd rather her be playing at grandparents house. When we don't bring her though my nurse is always sad. She goes what! No Claire today!? XD

Our hospital says no. We took our 3 yr old to an early scan with my last pregnancy and it was rather awkward when we found out baby had died and my son was asking why the lady was looking at my tummy. I wouldnt do it again for that reason x

I would add it was a private scan last minute x

Ive had my 3 year old at all 5 scans without a problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"