Taking a long time? worried, anyone else or success stories please?

lulu79

Reaction score
Hi lovely ladies.

I posted on here ages ago but don't come on very regularly. However, I am feeling really alone and fed up today and was hoping I could find some support from some of you who are in similar boats.

By way of background I lost my first baby boy, Gabriel, last August at 22 weeks. We have been trying again ever since but still no luck and I am starting to lose hope :cry:

I had a traumatic labour and ERPC for retained placenta so am worried that may have damaged me. I conceived Gabriel 2nd month trying after coming off BCP which I was on for 12 years!! I am now onto my 11th cycle and they still seem so whacky. Although the spotting seems to have stopped I seem to ovulate late in cycle (about CD 17/18) plus I only have a 10 day LP (although it was anywhere between 6-9 after I first lost him).

Is anyone else findng they conceived their first quickly and it is taking longer the 2nd time round...? Or do any of you lovely ladies have any success stories? I guess I just need some hope. I suppose the stress my body went through it is not surprising it is taking a while - but even still, 11 cycles and counting!

I am going to see a gynaecologist the week after next who will hopefully be able to reassure me. I've had my bloods done and all normal but I dont understand why I am not falling pg. It may be due to LP but now it is 10 days I would hope that is sufficient.

Sorry for rambling such a me-me-me post.

Babydust to you all xxx

:hug: and sorry for your loss.

Hope you get some answers at your appointment. I managed to extend my LP by taking vitamin B, might be worth a try.

I am so sorry for your loss hun.

It can take a average fertile couple 9-12mths to conceive so although very hard, dont lose hope yet.

I ttc for 5yrs with my ex and got pregnant on the 4th cycle ttc with my husband.
Sadly that was ectopic so lost baby and tube in Jan this year. Had a 3mth break after my surgery and currently onto cycle 3 of ttc again now. I pray we get a quick bfp but who knows? I hope u get your bfp soon hun and ur baby xxx

i lost my bean in november and had a dnc to remove remaining tissue even though i passed bubs at home alone, i since then have had irregular periods and spotting in between which is still happening we are now on cycle 6 of trying and have had no luck so far, i was like you worried the dnc had damaged me as it only took 1 cycle to fall pg before my mc but i have had scans and internals done and keep getting told by doctors nothing is wrong and everything is healthy, i believe it will happen when the time is right !!!!
i'm telling you this as when i conceived my second child who is now a beautiful 3 year old it took 10 months of ttc so it sometimes just takes time and good things come to those who wait
good luck and i hope you get your bfp real soon
lots of love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lulu
I know how you feel - everyone tells you u r super fertile after a m/c- mine was in feb and still no luck - not as long as you but i can sympathise-you just want it now keep you r chin up is all i can say and you r not alone loads of lov xx

Hello everyone. (((big hug))) to you all and sorry for all your losses.

I think I need to keep my chin and up and believe it will happen. I was feeling so alone earlier but you have all really helped lift my spirits. Thank you so much. I guess it will happen when my body is ready. It's just when you want it NOW even one day of waiting feels like one day too long.

Lets hope we all get our BFPs and babies soon.
xxxxx

lulu
I know how you feel - everyone tells you u r super fertile after a m/c- mine was in feb and still no luck - not as long as you but i can sympathise-you just want it now keep you r chin up is all i can say and you r not alone loads of lov xx

Hi glitterqueen - I dont often venture off the TCM thread but felt the need to let off today in an appropriate thread. Thanks for your message. You are not alone either. I am sure we will get our BFPs soon - just sometimes when you BD at right times etc and still no BFP it is sooooooooooo frustrating. I feel like my patience has worn out. Im ovulating today and DH is away. Haven't BD since Monday so looks like I'm out this month too. Lots of love xxx

Im very sorry for your loss lulu, and im sorry your hormones are not behaving

You ask if the traumatic labour and erpc couldve damaged you, it seems its your hormones that are bothering you, and from what i understand, the hormones would be changed by the pregnancy rather than the labour. Are your periods normal flow / blood loss now?

I think youre absolutely right to see your dr, i believe cycles can take up to 6 months to settle down again, and you are way past that so I assume this is what is now normal for you following your loss - every pregnancy has the capacity to change your cycles and as you have settled into your new cycles, don't let your dr put you off now. Youve waited a long time and have a good idea of whats happening for you.

I heart the puppy in your avatar.

I lost Beau at 21 weeks in April 2008 and I had a manual removal of the placenta also. I didn't concieve Ozzie for 10 months (we started trying as soon as I stopped bleeding after losing Beau).

I really hope it happens for you soon:hugs: :dust:

Im very sorry for your loss lulu, and im sorry your hormones are not behaving

You ask if the traumatic labour and erpc couldve damaged you, it seems its your hormones that are bothering you, and from what i understand, the hormones would be changed by the pregnancy rather than the labour. Are your periods normal flow / blood loss now?

I think youre absolutely right to see your dr, i believe cycles can take up to 6 months to settle down again, and you are way past that so I assume this is what is now normal for you following your loss - every pregnancy has the capacity to change your cycles and as you have settled into your new cycles, don't let your dr put you off now. Youve waited a long time and have a good idea of whats happening for you.

I heart the puppy in your avatar.

Thanks! The drs keep telling me everything is normal because my bloods came back normal but I am not convinced. Having said that the last 2 cycles I have had no spotting and lots of EWCM which I hadnt on the last so maybe things are improving. My AFs were very heavy and clotty lasting anywhere up to 11 days but again the last 2 cycles have been 5 day cycles and quite light (how they were pre-loss). Maybe I do need to give it more time. However, I have my gynae app so am going to go.

Thanks - that is my little furbaby Daisy. I have had her for 2 months and she is keeping me sane!! xxx

I lost Beau at 21 weeks in April 2008 and I had a manual removal of the placenta also. I didn't concieve Ozzie for 10 months (we started trying as soon as I stopped bleeding after losing Beau).

I really hope it happens for you soon:hugs: :dust:

So sorry for the loss of Beau. huge congratulations on the healthy arrival of Ozzie. It gives me hope that I may conceive soon. I keep reminding myself that it is bound to take a little longer given the trauma and I know that up to 12 months even without that can be 'normal.' xxx

Obviously im not a dr, but from what you say, it sounds less likely that youve been caused physical damage from the retained tissue, but you must ask your dr about that just in case, i think you're right in thinking your lack of bfp is hormonal. I really hope the dr gets you some answers, stamp your feet if you have to

daisy is keeping me sane just looking at her. shes soooo gorgeous. i am a sucker for puppies.

sorry for the aside, now there's a face i recognise .... yo snow!!

Hi Lulu, you are freaking me out, you sound like me. I had my son Liam after a traumatic missed mc in 2006, and went back on the pill for awhile afterwards. I had a tough delivery with some bladder damage, thankfully not permanent. So I went off the pill in August and have had nothing since. That's sort of a lie, I had a chemical in January and a bit longer/early miscarriage in March. Almost like there is no implantation going on. I'm frustrated, confused, and bewildered. I go to my doctor on June 5 and am going to try to get my hormones checked. I can totally relate and sympathize with you, you are not alone.

I'm also so so sorry for the loss of your Gabriel. How horrid. I know a few girls here that have had problems like yours afterwards. It probably wouldn't hurt to go to your doctor and get completely checked out just in case. That's what I plan to do, let's do it together! :)

:hugs: and I wish you the best of luck and good results :)

Hi eclipse

Thanks for your message and sorry to hear you are having difficulties trying to get your sticky bfp.
I share your frustrations. I hope you get some answers from your dr - good luck and let me know how it goes. To be honest mine tried to shrug things off with a 'it takes most healthy couples anyweher between 6-12 months so you are completely normal.' i didnt take no for an answer hence I now have my gynae appointment on 8 June. I will let you know how it goes. yes lets do it together :flower:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->