taking apart clearblue digital pregnancy test.. i know i shouldnt!!

chimmi

Reaction score
Ok I was due AF on friday but she hasnt come yet, I have no sore boobs like i usually do before AF so I took a digital test half hour ago and it said not pregnant

i stupidly opened it and there are two strips:
one with a dark line and a faint line, and the second strip with a faint line, in showed my hubby and he can see them clearly too..

i googled it and there seems to be a lot of confusion about the lines and the results etc

has anyone had one dark and two faint lines and had "not pregnant" result, but turned out to be pregnant?

a lot of people say they tested with digital and cheapie - digital says negative, but cheapie says positive..!
i dont have any more tests so can only wait for AF so am hoping someone can answer me?!
thanks

When I was TTC LO the advice on here was use Pink test before the blue as they couldbe a little unreliable for early pregnancy. I tested with a pound shop cheapy before I spent the money on clearblue.

When I was TTC LO the advice on here was use Pink test before the blue as they couldbe a little unreliable for early pregnancy. I tested with a pound shop cheapy before I spent the money on clearblue.

thanks, i literally dont have any other tests, it was the only one left, i wanted to save it until i had a positive on a cheapie and then confirm, but that never happened!! and it expires soon so thought i might as well use it to put my mind to rest (ha!) and then i can get more for next month

On digitals generally there are two strips with lines negative or positive, they work slightly differently.

Digital always have two lines. Never take it apart, it is not going to tell you anything.

Also, digital are not very good with early pregnancy while se cheapies can detect low hormone levels.. In fact, most expensive test are more for later in pregnancy than cheapies. Weird , I know but I think it is due to wanting to prove their accuracy by detecting enough hormone in your body. So I wonder that's why they got a negative on their digital and positive on cheapies

thanks for answers
I KNOW not to open and read it, it says it in their instructions, but i am just curious WHAT all 3 lines are actually for?? Ive seen pics of positive ones where all three lines are dark, which makes sense of course.
just fed up of waiting for AF lol and going crazy!

https://poasaholic.blogspot.com/2009/04/true-secret-to-digital-pregnancy-tests.html?m=1

thanks! didnt see the link in your first post, a bit confusing but very interesting - did you see the last comment on there:
Paige JonesNovember 25, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I had the 3 lines and I done a cheap pregnancy test which was positive so am I pregnant or not?

lol

i give up! thanks for replies, will wait for AF as I never even usually test/poas or go crazy like this, so will forget about it now as it is just late AF for some unknown reason, yay

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->