Taking Clomid & positive OPK today, advice plz!

Khloejay

Reaction score
Hello, my husband & I have been TTC for a year with no luck yet. I have not had regular cycles or ovulating due to long term use of birth control. Doctors gave me Provera & 50 mg Clomid to induce a period & ovulation. I am in my 2nd month of taking Clomid. This month I had my own period without Provera, but continue to take Clomid to ensure ovulation. My first month taking Clomid, I used OPKs to help me see if I was ovulating. I did ovulate last month according to positive OPK and cramping. Had sex two days prior to positive OPK, day of positive OPK, and day after. I did not conceive that month. This is my 2nd month on Clomid and I had a positive OPK about an hour ago with cramping & egg white discharge. We had intercourse last night and a negative OPK 12 hrs ago. When should I actually ovulate & when should we have intercourse again? I desperately want to be successful and time it right this month. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Khloe

I don't have an answer for you but I am excited to have someone also on their 2nd month. Everything u said is me except for ttc for a year and the positive opk this cycle. I'm only on cd6 and day 2 of clomid. Wanna be buddies? I would love to have someone on simalar shoes to talk with.

Hello, my husband & I have been TTC for a year with no luck yet. I have not had regular cycles or ovulating due to long term use of birth control. Doctors gave me Provera & 50 mg Clomid to induce a period & ovulation. I am in my 2nd month of taking Clomid. This month I had my own period without Provera, but continue to take Clomid to ensure ovulation. My first month taking Clomid, I used OPKs to help me see if I was ovulating. I did ovulate last month according to positive OPK and cramping. Had sex two days prior to positive OPK, day of positive OPK, and day after. I did not conceive that month. This is my 2nd month on Clomid and I had a positive OPK about an hour ago with cramping & egg white discharge. We had intercourse last night and a negative OPK 12 hrs ago. When should I actually ovulate & when should we have intercourse again? I desperately want to be successful and time it right this month. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Khloe

When i was on clomid I would BD every second day from day 10 and then on the day of my OPK and the following 2 days after that. Then I would just continue with regular BD until AF shows up. Like I told my husband, its not a sprint its a marathon :happydance:

You usually o 12-24 hours after your first pos opk. I would recommend charting to figure out when you actually o. I have found that sometimes I o on the day of my pos (very rare) most often I o the day after my first pos, and a few times I have o'd 2 days later! If you know round about what day you o on, then you can try to get as much bd'ing in before hand close to the day. If not, stick with every other day starting cd10. If you click on my chart you can see my patterns, and the ones from the begining of last year are my clomid charts. Gl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->