Taking LO on holiday

vicwick

Expecting baba #2
Reaction score
Me and OH are hopin to take Alfie to Florida in May he'll be 5 1/2 months then and was wonderin if anyone else has taken their LO away at about this age and what were they like on the flight???

We took Hannah at 4.5 months (on the way there) and a little over 5 months (on the way back). She was pretty good on the flights really. She slept for about half of it. Had her bottles and played with some toys she had. We even managed to change her diaper (me changing it, her laid across hubbys lap :rofl:)

Its so hard to judge cos he's only 3 months now and still quite fussy in the evenings, he's BF so he's permenantly on the boob haha not that i mind but just worried he screams the place down :dohh: but then i think he could be totally different by then!!!!

I took both my girls by myself when they were almost 6 months, from South Korea to the US (what was I thinking!) lol but it really wasn't that bad by myself with two so I think you could definately do it with you and your OH. Make sure when you check in at the airport to tell them you have a baby flying with you because then they'll seat you in the bulkhead area (the seats inbetween the different sections of the plane that have a lot more leg room) and when you get on the plane ask a flight attendant for a bassinet, they either sit on the floor or hook into the wall in front of you and I found then to be a life saver!! My girls slept a lot of the time, I think it was because the plane's movement reminded them of the car!! I think you'll be fine! Good luck!! :)

advice i was given was to feed them on take off and landing even if it is only a little food and the sucking motion helps with the change in pressure

We have just returned from South Africa. Zach was 12 weeks old when we went and was 17 weeks when we returned. He slept all the way. Advice give a bottle or dummy on take off and landing. We gave Zach some Calpol on the way back because sometimes the pressure can really hurt them. Worked a treat. Also have water or juice available as this helps for thirst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->