Taking prenatals before TTC?

alloyd519

Mom of Twins & TTC #3
Reaction score
I thought i've heard somewhere that you can start taking prenatals before you ttc. Me and DH are gonna start trying for number 3 in about 2 or 3 months and was thinking about taking vitamins and prenatals to prepare my body.

Anyone doing this??

I am, I want my body to be as ready as it can be!!

I have been taking prenatals for about a month now...my doc told me this was a good idea to prepare...we are not TTC until July

How long beforehand is safe to start taking prenatals? I'd like to take as many as I can before, but when is it too much?

i started taking multi vitamins with folic acid in bout 3 months before going ttc, then i chenged to santogen pro-natal supplements when moved to ttc,

I've always been on a multi vitamin (for the extra iron) and when we started talking about ttc in a few months I checked it for folic acid. Since the multi vitamin I'm on already has folic acid at the recommended dosage, I just kept on taking it. When my bottle runs out in a few weeks I'll probably switch to a prenatal.

I'm taking a regular multi now. My midwife said to take it to replenish my Calcium levels (the pill drains then hardcore). Which was great....except most vitamins make me nauseous. I'm taking the Rainbow organic ones. I used to take their Prenatal vitamins back in the day and they sat well too. If it sits well in my stomach, it can sit well in ANYONE'S haha.

I've got some of the Sainsbury's Mum & Bump ones which are fine pre-conception. The only firm advice I've seen is to take Folic Acid 3 months before and 3 months into pregnancy but I figured I wanted to start taking multivitamins anyway so I'd buy some. They were only £2.50 anyway.

Pre-natal seem to be better than normal multivitamins when you are TTC because they don't have high levels of vitamin A (which I've heard is bad).

Good luck anyway x

I'm currently still on my multivitamins. We are going to TTC in a few months, so when these are gone I'll start a prenatal.

Yes, I started prenatal vitamins Feb 25 and I'm not TTC until June. The prenatal vitamins I use say on the box they're for before, during, and after pregnancy.

i used pregnacare and also tesco do a cheaper version i used them aswell xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->