Taking progesterone otc

vs011

Reaction score
Hi, do any of you ladies tske progesterone over the counter or order it online as you rtc? If so is it safe? Wanted to bring it up with my doctor but want to see what she may say based on other people in this community. Thanks in advance.

Is your progesterone low? If it is, I'd ask for a rx from your doctor. When I was ttc, my OB prescribed it to start 3 days after ovulation (just to make sure I had actually ovulated b4 I started it) and then stop it if/when my period started. I did use the otc cream in my 1st pregnancy bc my progesterone was low (it was 7 and my hcg was over 30,000) and my OB wouldn't prescribe it at that point bc his belief is that low progesterone at that point (once you are already pregnant) is an indication of a nonviable pregnancy. It didn't help of course bc it was a nonviable pregnancy and the otc stuff isn't nearly as strong as the prescription, which wouldn't have helped either at that point. Best of luck.

edit: Adding: I had 3 miscarriages before I had my daughter, and that pregnancy was a total surprise, I wasn't trying and wasn't on progesterone.

I wasnt on p4 for 1-3. #4 (loss) I was doing otc p4 and it made no difference. #5, this baby...I got my own rx strength, b6 pills and otc p4. My p4 at 6wks was at a great level and baby is doing great.

otc didnt prevent my most recent loss. I now have prescription strength pg and will take it after ovulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->