Taking solids less and less, trying something new, what do you think? - UPDATE

charlie07

Reaction score
Well this is the third day of giving Gabbi pear, either with rice or on it's won and she's taking less and less. I have asked OH to bring a couple of apples and a banana, so gonna try one and after a few days the other, to see if it makes a difference.

have any of you found that your LO has not liked certain foods in the beginning? Also the food they didn't like, did they like it after a while?

I am not giving up as I know it takes a while for our LO's to get used to new food, but she's taking less and less, I know you have to introduce foods a few days apart but am I doing the right thing, by trying something else, or is it too soon?

Thanks

Hi. Maybe she doesn't have a very sweet tooth? Could be worth trying her with some veg instead?

I haven't given Poppy fruit yet as I wanted her to get used to savoury foods first. So far she's liked what she's had! :)

Just to let you know, I have just tried Gabbi on banana mashed with milk and SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!! She loved it. So for now, pears are out, banana is in and I am gonna make some apple puree to put on the menu next week. Also gonna get carrots. Unfortunately, we can't get sweet potato here :(

I don't know if it's normal or not but my baby did a similar thing to what you described... started eating and took to it well, eating all round him- then after about a week started just taking a few mouthfuls of food each time (same foods as he had previously gobbled up)- then after nearly a week of that he was back to eating all round him (same foods still.) Babies are funny!

I've tried a few different things, apple puree, pear puree and carrot puree which I did myself. I varied it a bit by mixing it with baby rice the next day so Katie had a variety. She's also loving baby porridge too.

Have you tried veggies???

Bananas totally constipated Jasmine and she was grouchy for days.. but she is a bit younger.

I'd be careful with the bananas, as Ryder pointed out they can be very constipating

Yup, I was going to say the same about bananas! We just had a couple of sleepless nights because of that, and lots of pain and grunting to get some of it come out the other end 3 days later! :o

Morning girls

Thanks for all your advice.

So far so good, only gave Gabbi banana once yesterday, she seems fine, but after reading your comments, I may try her on apple puree today, but it says only introduce new foods every 3 to 4 days, so it will only have been 1 day. Is it too soon? Maybe give her banana this morning and try pear again later this afternoon? :-k

I want to get her on carrots but over here in Bulgaria, most of the fresh produce is seasonal and the carrots are looking a little sad so I am hoping we can get some good carrots in the next week or so. We can't get sweet potato so not sure what other veg I can try. Maybe if I can't get what we need, I should get some jars! Didn't really want to, wanted her solids to be homemade, get her used to my cooking now :rofl:. What do you all think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->