Taking things into my own hands!!!!

sheilarae07

Reaction score
Well my doctor completely gave up on me. I have been on an extreme emotional rollercoaster this week. AF got me this morning, with vengence. Since there is no one willing to help me I have to figure things out myself. I ordered more opks and the day 3 fertility tests, now I am looking into the semen analysis. Our insurance does not cover it. Does anyone know about how much it will cost? I live in the US (TN), so we have no infertility insurance or free IVF. Our next step is saving for IVF. I am so frustrated. We have been ttc for 23 months! I just sit and cry all the time because I literally do not know if we will ever be able to have children. Any advice on how to learn more about our fertility without a doctor?
Oh and I know I have PCOS, however my cycles are 27-29 days and I get EWCM for 4-5 days and a lot of it 14 days before my next period. Which leads me to think I am ovulating.
Anywho, I just need some reassurance. Thanks

Hiya neighbor, Alabama here. First of all, Do you mind if I ask how old you are? Do you have pain when you ovulate? Crossing my fingers for you!

Your doctor doesn't sound seem very compassionate! Don't worry hun, I am sure things will work out for you.

I think you should go to another doctor who actually listens to you. Also, make sure you get diagnosed correctly so you know what the precise problem is. If you're getting your period regularly, on what basis were you diagnosed to have PCOS? Have you tried OPKs and were you able to detect an LH surge?

Well when I was first told I had PCOS, my bloodwork was perfect but I had cysts. Then last time I had an ultrasound there was no abnormal cysts. So neither the bloodwork nor cysts point towards PCOS, but the doctor says I still have it. I do get ovulation pains, ewcm, and a lh surge- which I assume means I AM ovulating. I am overweight but just lost 30 pounds, which was not even mentioned at my last appointment- I was looking for encouragement but she didn't even mention it.
There is only one more doctor office in my area that delivers at the hospital I want and they only take new pregnant patients.

Oh and I am 21 (22 in July), and was told I had PCOS when I was 18.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->