Talk to me about Issy Bears!

NattieLou

Monkey Mama
Reaction score
I've just done the cheeks and cherries survey on the new Issy Bear prints and there are some that I want so so badly. Tell me about these nappies - fit, absorbancy, longevity...the good, the bad and the ugly. Do I need some??

I did this review: https://www.babiesnappies.co.uk/2010/02/06/issy-bear-minky-nappy-review/

These are my favourite nappies! IMO really absorbant, great prints, a tad bulky as BTP but I find them much sleeker than cushie tushie. I really like them the only downside is they're too hard to get hold of right now!

Ooo, femme, I see from your review that's it's really absorbant - definite plus. :) Was the lower marks on the fit just for lack of trimness rather than leg gape or other issues?

Your favourite, Kaya? Yay!

Have either of you tried both the minky and the cotton? How do they compare? I forget now whether the prints I liked were minky or not.:dohh:

It was lack of trimness, never had leg gape issues. As for absorbency, I've used them at night with the normal insert and they've never leaked once.

Never had a cotton IB, try asking purpledahlia if there's a difference as she has both. *is a nosy nappy stalker* :rofl:

I love my (I mean ella's!) issy bear nappies. I've never had any issues with leaking although I haven't tried them at night yet. We have the cotton ones and they are fairly soft - not as much as minky ones would be of course but soft enough on her skin. Out of all the nappies we have theses ones seem to be of a higher quality. I like that they come with the insert included in the price and the insert is fairly easy to get in - although a dad who has huge hands might have some issues. Ella loves them too - infact the day we received them I opened them next to her on the floor and she immediately grabbed the nappy and hugged it - sooo cute! Overall a 9.5 out of 10. Only cuz it would be good if they did them in aplix as well as snaps as my OH is snap challenged!

OH has massive hands and has been fine with these! :lol: Not good with fuzzis, however!

OH has massive hands and has been fine with these! :lol: Not good with fuzzis, however!

That's so weird the pocket of my fuzzi is huge and rather gaping looking and my issys, although I don't have any problem with them, I thought huge hands might... :shrug: international differences I suppose! :flower:

Ooh think I may need an issy! I've recently been ordering nappies I've never tried before - Muttaqins, a Goodmama, a Mini Lala. Think an Issy Bear would sit nicely with those!

Do it, Rach! :D I think I'm going to buy myself one as a reward when we reach 2 months of breastfeeding. It's tough going with my oversupply and Isaac's reflux - I think I deserve it.:thumbup:

That's a great idea NatalieLou! If I reach 6 months then I need some nappy rewards!!!

I have cotton and it's great but I don't have kinky so not sure how it compares x

Do it, Rach! :D I think I'm going to buy myself one as a reward when we reach 2 months of breastfeeding. It's tough going with my oversupply and Isaac's reflux - I think I deserve it.:thumbup:

Great idea. Unfortunately we only made it to three weeks breastfeeding so I can't use that one... maybe I should buy some to make myself feel better about not BF! :happydance:

:rofl: I needed that giggle before bed Ifernie!

Hmm, I want a cotton and a minky....more savings coughusingOH'sbirthdaymoneycough.

If someone on CNT tries to sell you one for £20...well they dont cost that :winkwink:

Sorry, when!!!

Go boobies!

I have cotton and it's great but I don't have kinky so not sure how it compares x

:rofl: I love it! I want a kinky nappy! :happydance:

Great idea. Unfortunately we only made it to three weeks breastfeeding so I can't use that one... maybe I should buy some to make myself feel better about not BF! :happydance:

Definitely. :thumbup:

:rofl: I needed that giggle before bed Ifernie!

Hmm, I want a cotton and a minky....more savings coughusingOH'sbirthdaymoneycough.

If someone on CNT tries to sell you one for £20...well they dont cost that :winkwink:

I saw that! :huh: :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->