Talk to me about very early spotting.

Celesse

Reaction score
With my previous 3 pregnancies I had one little wipe of brown/pink at 9DPO, followed by spotting at 7-8 weeks.

This time I've had one wipe of brown/pink at 8DPO, one at 9DPO and then yesterday at 13DPO I had 2hours of pink spotting with some clear pink cm. Today cm is slightly pink.

My temp is maintaining its luteal phase level and my tests are getting darker. No cramping. Starting to notice a bit of discomfort when boobs let down along with a tinge of nausea at the same time.

So all other signs indicate pregnancy is going well. Surely its too late for implantation bleeding since the egg is already implanted and producing hCG? I'm piggy-backing off my miscarriage cycle so no AF in between if that makes a difference.

It's hard to say. I think it could be implantation bleeding if AF technically isn't due yet. Doctors have always told me that spotting in early pregnancy is 50/50 in which way it will go. I have had early spotting in my first 4 pregnancies and one ended with a baby. I've had a teeny bit of brown spotting with this pregnancy but that was always after sex.

I guess the first instance could have been implantation and the second breakthrough bleeding, is AF due around 13 dpo?

My first pregnancy I had no IB but then spotting from 5/6 weeks leading to heavy bleeding during first tri and then it went away. This time I had IB or breakthrough bleeding at 3.5-4 weeks and now I am having bleeding again at 7.5 weeks.

Hope everything goes ok :flower:

No idea when AF would be due. I've only had one period in the last 4+years and before that I wasn't really paying attention to my cycles. Not got a clue on luteal phase length. I guess 13/14dpo is a good guess though.

I had spotting the day my period was due and then about the week 8 mark with occasional (small) spots in between. We never found a cause for it although I do have a friable cervix - my doctor said even the speculum was causing a little bit of blood when she was checking it. I am 11 weeks tomorrow and figure I'll probably have spotting next week at the 12 week mark, too.

I think some people just spot in pregnancy. My first pregnancy, I started spotting at 11dpo (the day after my bfp), and it continued on and off until 9 weeks. Then it stopped and never happened again. An acupuncturist did tell me it was likely due to the fact that I have always had a short luteal phase (9-10 days at most). Next pregnancy I had a chemical pregnancy. This pregnancy I had had no spotting or anything. All seems fine although it's early days, only 4 weeks today. What are your luteal phases generally like?

Oh sorry, I just saw you said you don't know about your luteal phase. Hope it all clears up for you, it's so stressful.

It seems to have completely stopped now. Tests still progressing and temp rising on a nice slow curve. I'm wondering if it was a little breakthrough and perhaps my body was planning on a 13day luteal phase and just needed a little extra time to get the progesterone levels up. Would definitely fit in with when the spotting happened and the temps I'm getting (which I probably should stop soon).

I had pink spotting at 5 weeks 2-3 days. We seen bub at 6+1 weeks with a good heartbeat :)

Ive had spotting once a day since last friday usually 1-2 wipes of pink, brown and tanish colour. I have a scan on tuesday at 6 weeks im so nevous but i hear its common.

I had spotting during my first two pregnancies, i notified the doctor but everything was fine.

xo

Have you had your progesterone tested? Sometimes spotting can be a result of low progesterone levels. There are supplements that can be taken for that.

But yeah, I think some people just spot more easily than others. My grandmother told me she bled throughout most of her pregnancies.

Spotting back again this morning. I have had spotting in my previous pregnancies but never at this stage and never as much as this. But tests are really dark and I feel pregnant so its confusing. I'd have thought if the pregnancy was failing at this stage the hCG would be fading.

Not had my progesterone done. I'm due at the doctors on the 30th. Seems a little far away now. Maybe I should call them on Monday.

I've been spotting bright red along with pinky brown discharge since Tuesday morning, I've always had this in my pregnancies but it normally starts later on closer to 5 weeks and lasts til nearly 12 weeks. I'm so nervous as I had m/c 29/09 and ectopic in July. All I can do is pray it's going to be ok as I don't wanna have a bhcg done, those numbers only cause stress! I'm cramping like AF but again I always get this.

Hey all! Hope it's okay that I join this thread... new to the forum, first post ever 2 days ago on TTC board, then got bfp today!

I also have brownish spotting tonight (of course occurred right after I told DH we're prey). This is my first pregnancy, so it scared the crap out of me.

Am I interpreting you ladies correctly in that it could be normal? What is considered not normal?

Thanks! Good luck to all!

Hey bluestreak, congratulations on your pregnancy. Spotting is very common, I had it in 4 of my pregnancies and they resulted in 4 very healthy babies. When I had an ectopic, it was the only time I never spotted in a pregnancy and my last m/c again never spotted til the day of m/c. So in a weird way I am finding a little comfort in it that 'maybe' this could be a healthy pregnancy.

Hey bluestreak, congratulations on your pregnancy. Spotting is very common, I had it in 4 of my pregnancies and they resulted in 4 very healthy babies. When I had an ectopic, it was the only time I never spotted in a pregnancy and my last m/c again never spotted til the day of m/c. So in a weird way I am finding a little comfort in it that 'maybe' this could be a healthy pregnancy.

Thank, LadyLuck! I appreciate the advice.
It sounds like luck is on your side with this one! :)
I will keep you in my thoughts and am sure you'll be meeting your little one soon! :D

Thank, LadyLuck! I appreciate the advice.
It sounds like luck is on your side with this one! :)
I will keep you in my thoughts and am sure you'll be meeting your little one soon! :D

Ugh. I just started spotting today brown today too. I'm hopin it's just from my progesterone supplements irritating my cervix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->