Talking to DH about TTC :)

IGotBabyFever

TTC Our 1st Army Brat!
Reaction score
well for those of you who dont know me yet...we are on our 3rd cycle ttc after ntnp for almost 4 years..
We decided to follow the SMEP plan for a second time since af showed up 3 days early...I did not use an opk as recommended,but will be this time around...
So,I just got in from sitting on the patio with DH and couldnt take my mind off of the conversation we just had.
My DH randomly started asking questions about the smiley opk I ordered for this cycle...and also wanted to know SMEP's success rate..Im happy he is curious and wants to know how everything works...
we have spoke alot about conceiving,and what life will be like when we do get out bfp...DH is very supportive and I feel quite lucky...
Just curious how everyone else is doing in this area sorta speak...is your OH as excited as you are?do they ask alot of questions and are curious about what you have read up on recently? what are you trying this cycle??

it would be great to hear:happydance:

fxed that each and every one of you beautiful mommies & mommies to be get your bfp!! :dust:

Yes, mine is and I love it! I just had to shoo him away from looking over my shoulder and reading here on B&B, (lol, I don't know why but B&B is MY thing and I don't like him reading my posts!) But he asks me all the time if I'm ovulating yet and doesn't hesitate to line spot with me! Lol, I love that he is so supportive, but it does make me sadder I think when it doesn't happen, as I feel like I'm letting him down too.

Well DH and I are on our 4th month of TTC. This is his second child (or will be) as would it be my second as well. I had a hard time TTC my DS in my first marriage so I'm all too farmilliar with this whole process DH on the other hand had his DD back when he was in high school (needless to say it was unplanned). He has been SUPER supportive over these last couple cycles but recently he's been hinting that he doesn't want to schedule the "mommy daddy dance" (understandable). I think all the charting talk and constant symptom tracking are taking its toll on him.
I do want to try something different this month......DTD from CD5 until AF arrives (maybe she won't this month!). I know your not susposed to but I think trying one cycle can't hurt. If it doesn't work there's always next time right
So far we have been following through on this little experiment, I'm. Just keeping my fingers crossed and getting ready for my dreaded 2WW (oh boy!.......or girl) lol

Yes, mine is and I love it! I just had to shoo him away from looking over my shoulder and reading here on B&B, (lol, I don't know why but B&B is MY thing and I don't like him reading my posts!) But he asks me all the time if I'm ovulating yet and doesn't hesitate to line spot with me! Lol, I love that he is so supportive, but it does make me sadder I think when it doesn't happen, as I feel like I'm letting him down too.

Thanks for replying :hugs: Im happy for you! DH does the same thing while Im on B&B :haha: its great to have someone so supportive..I feel blessed!
Im sorry you have been ttc for so long :hugs: I couldnt imagine...and I do feel guilty about being sad when I dont get my bfp..because others have been trying for so much longer

It isnt your fault doll...dont be so hard on yourself :hugs:
I am sure you are doing anything and everything possible!your OH sounds very supportive,so try not to stress on yourself...Im sure you hear it all the time,but try to relax..I will keep you in my prayers :)

:dust:

Dh has his moments but mostly he doesn't want to talk about it. I guess I have the typical husband who would rather talk about other things and pretend everything will just happen.

Well DH and I are on our 4th month of TTC. This is his second child (or will be) as would it be my second as well. I had a hard time TTC my DS in my first marriage so I'm all too farmilliar with this whole process DH on the other hand had his DD back when he was in high school (needless to say it was unplanned). He has been SUPER supportive over these last couple cycles but recently he's been hinting that he doesn't want to schedule the "mommy daddy dance" (understandable). I think all the charting talk and constant symptom tracking are taking its toll on him.
I do want to try something different this month......DTD from CD5 until AF arrives (maybe she won't this month!). I know your not susposed to but I think trying one cycle can't hurt. If it doesn't work there's always next time right
So far we have been following through on this little experiment, I'm. Just keeping my fingers crossed and getting ready for my dreaded 2WW (oh boy!.......or girl) lol

Thanks for responding :hugs:
I have read some posts on here that ladies have stated bding starting to feel like a chore to their OH....Im afraid of that happening,as I wouldnt want him to want to stop and put it off for awhile...
DH is involved for the most part but I dont tell him eveything...such as when I am symptom spotting...he actually does the symptom spotting ...if I say I have a headache and need to take something,he says "maybe thats a sign!) :haha:
I dont tell him around when Im ovulating,but this cycle he will know because hes so curious about the smiley opk,as I am too!so excited for it,Ive read so much about :happydance:

remember you have all of us on B&B if you ever want to just talk, need to vent or just need a shoulder to cry on...that is what we're here for...
I know at times my dh is overwhelmed ith it all,and I love being able to come here and speak with everyone:hugs:

fxed you get your bfp!!!

:dust:

Dh has his moments but mostly he doesn't want to talk about it. I guess I have the typical husband who would rather talk about other things and pretend everything will just happen.

awww:hugs: we are here for you!! My dh was the same when we were NTNP...it was like whenever I would mention anything that was even remotely connected to having a baby,his mind would wander elsewhere and its almost as he can see my mouth moving but cant hear a thing :wacko:
Just know that you always have support on B&B !! and if you ever want to talk,dont hesitate to send a message! we live in the same city :hugs:

I am glad I found this forum. It is nice to get support. My mom is the one who knows everything but she lives in FL and I usually see her once or twice a year if I am lucky recently.

I live on base at Peterson and all of my friends have kids. Sometimes it sucks to be the odd one out.

My hubby was more disappointed than I was when AF showed up this month. Every morning he ask what my temperature is and when I tested this month it was hard to keep him out of the bathroom while I was peeing. LOL It is so cute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->