Tamiflu While Pregnant

AngelMomB

Reaction score
So im 9 weeks pregnant, and my daughter was just diagnosed with the flu today. I called the ob and she wants me to start Tamiflu right away to try and prevent me getting it. I've been the one taking care of my daughter and she's coughed on me more times than I can count...

I checked and its a CAT C pregnancy drug. However, when I google it, which is always a bad idea- a bunch of stuff came up- some saying safe and some saying not safe at all. So now im on the fence. I'm terrified to take it but terrified not to take it and get the flu! Help :(

I am not sure about how safe Tamiflu is during pregnancy. I tested positive for influenza B on Saturday and the doctor offered it to me but he even seemed hesitant to offer it. I declined the medicine because I wasn't sure. Maybe call the OB back and have them explain to you whether it is safe or not? The internet always frustrates me because its hard to find a straight answer on most things.

That's a tough call! I'm inclined to say your little bean would be just fine. Class C just means they've never *noticed* any issues with it, but it hasn't been ruled out with its own study.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->