Tampons?

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
Ok sorry for my lack of knowledge in that area, but can we use tampons after giving birth? I mean the 2 following weeks right after you give birth ? Or is it better to use sanitary napkins? ...

I just HATE sanitary napkins so much, gives me the feeling of being dirty.

No tampons for 6 weeks I believe. I know what you mean though..I HATE pads...ick. I hate the leaky, icky, wet feeling. Gag. I bet we'll be so busy with our new bubs that we'll hardly notice though.

I have never used a tampon and never intend to just perfer pads. I always change them frequently.

When you're bleeding after the birth you're not supposed to use tampons. I hate pads too but they didn't bother me that much after giving birth, was too tired to think about it :)

I don't think you can use tampons right after. I know what you mean about pads, they're big and bulky feels like wearing a diaper and they do make you feel dirty. There are some cleansing wipes that you can buy to freshen up when you use the restroom. You might invest in some of those to get past the icky feeling. Just look in the feminine (sp??) isle or you could use TUCKS pads, they are cleansing as well. Gotta love being a girl sometimes huh??

Newp, no tampons until 6 weeks after. Which really sucks, its terrible but like PBM said you're really too busy with bub to really notice unless you start to chap etc. Frequent baths, changing of pads, washing after every bathroom trip and using some sort of cream (like babies :rofl:) or vasaline will help out a lot.

My lil sis only bled for 2 weeks...I hope I'm that lucky!

No you can't use tampons

I hated the thought of having to wear pads after the birth the last time I was pregnant but when he was born and I had to use them I hardly noticed them :) I only bled for 2 weeks though so didn't have to wear them too long

Believe me after you've given birth you wont want anything up there!! esp if you have had stitches!

Believe me after you've given birth you wont want anything up there!! esp if you have had stitches!

I agree. After my two where born pads would of been my last worry ouch!!

I certainly prefer tampons and hate pads. But no using tampons after birth.

Someone mentioned cleansing wipes in a post above. I use baby wipes and they work well too :)

I am absolutely obsessed with Summer's Eve cleansing cloths.

I BELIEVE it's 6 weeks, AND your first real period. Meaning if you're still bleeding after 6 weeks, you're still supposed to use pads until the bleeding from BIRTH is over. THEN the next time you bleed- your first period- you can use tampons. It's something to do with how you're sluffing off so much tissue after birth that it can cause a massive infection if you use tampons before it's ok to. I bled for 9 weeks after my daughter, and honestly I didn't really notice. In fact I got so used to those damn pads that once I finally stopped bleeding I felt naked without them LOL!

Thats exactly what I thought. I'm so scared I will have to have stitches that I have just went out and bought a big pack of super absorbent pads anyways. I couldn't imagine sticking something in there after giving birth, and I USE tampons.. have NEVER used pads before. I have used panty liners (and still do right now) so I dont ruin all my panties with discharge :blush: but thats about the closest I've ever been to pads. Everyone has reassured me though that with the baby and being sore/etc I wont even care that I'm wearing a huge pad!

I've always hated pads... I feel like I have a diaper on and they irritate me. I've always been a tampon kinda gal so this will be an adventure. I just feel like it gets everything all over... yuck!

This is definitely the part that I am NOT looking forward to!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->