Tantrums or what?

Shannon

Reaction score
Well my daughter Leah is going to be seven months this week. For the last month she has become very clingy. We thought it was teething because she started to refuse sleeping on her own, waking many times right after putting her in bed and at about 4 am refusing her crib all together, she WAS going down at 8pm then up at 2 & 4 for feedings..... Also she was always wanting to be with everyone letting all family hold her talk to her now only me and sometimes daddy. My doc said teething is not the problem it was me giving in. so we started letting her cry it out for bed which has worked great so far, it only takes her 20-40 min to self sooth at any time she wakes. Now she wont let me out of her sight. i will play with her then get up to do something and she screams even if i only go 2 feet away. She has been crawling since 5 1/2 months so she also follows me and if i dont pick her up she screams louder and has hit her head on the floor:dohh:. Help any one else?

OMG! I am in the same boat you are. Peyton is 7 months (not crawling yet), but he is totally clingy to me and OH at home. At daycare I have been told he is fine playing, but at home, if I set him in his excersaucer or on the floor with his toys and walk off, he cries and screams until someone goes and plays with him or picks him up. I don't have him in his crib yet, he sleeps in his pack n play by our bed (it's a really nice one that serves as a bassinett), but he refused to sleep by himself last week. I let him cry it out for 20 minutes, but every night it was around 11:00 pm and I had to go to bed so I could get up for work at 5:00 so I tucked him in bed with us. I try to let him cry it out when I set him down to play because some of his cries are fake and he just wants attention. It's frustrating because I can't get anything done around the house (like cleaning). I don't like leaving him crying, but him being clingy needs to stop. Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. I hope someone can help us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->