Tantrums

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
Do you stop them ? How?

Or do you just let it be ?...

Josh is a bloody nightmare atm and throws tantrum after tantrum!!! He's such a little drama queen. :dohh:

The only tantrum Addison has is if I take something away from her, or if I leave the room. She FREAKS!!!

But if they are throwing a tantrum, try to direct their attention elsewhere...it seems to help

The only tantrum Addison has is if I take something away from her, or if I leave the room. She FREAKS!!!

But if they are throwing a tantrum, try to direct their attention elsewhere...it seems to help

Josh is the same... If someone takes something away from him he freaks out like you've hurt him or something! He screams murder and won't stop!

charlies just had one whilst changing him he didnt want to go on his back and kept turning and i kept turning him back till i got his vest on, now hes crawling round in his vest lol il go and put him sleep suit on now and try again but i didnt let him get his own way straight away and i dont usually il keep trying till hes changed this is mainly when he has his tantrums latley lol xx

If she's throwing a tantrum I'll cuddle her :blush:
BUT, if she hits me or kicks me she gets left to it.

It depends what they are for. Colton likes to bite and will scream and cry after we tell him "NO" or hold his head away, so if he does that (including bite) I will set him in the middle of the room away from me.
If he is throwing a fit because he wants to be held, it depends what I'm doing. If I'm busy I will tell him not right now and let him be. If I'm not doing anything I will just hold him.
If he is throwing a fit because I took something away I just leave him be. Especially considering he doesn't get distracted easily even if I give him new toys, he usually just goes right back to what he had (like our poor christmas tree!!) over and over and over again.

Normally if he has a tantrum I try and see if somethings wrong (needs changing/feed) and if he is just doing it because he is in a cranky mood I will try cuddling him and if that doesn't work I will just leave him to throw a fit and normally he will just go take a nap with his blanket and teddy. Sometimes he throws tantrums when we are feeding him food because we are not spooning food into his mouth fast enough :dohh:

oh dear tantrums already!! better get a hold of them now lol. Angelynn doesn't really have tantrums.. just a bit of a fit if i put her down when she doesn't want to be put down or if she's tired... sorry I can't be of much help :(

When jays two olders were little he would stick them in a cold shower and it worked for them.. not sure how that would go over with an infant though!!! I hope you get things resolved :)

Normally if he has a tantrum I try and see if somethings wrong (needs changing/feed) and if he is just doing it because he is in a cranky mood I will try cuddling him and if that doesn't work I will just leave him to throw a fit and normally he will just go take a nap with his blanket and teddy. Sometimes he throws tantrums when we are feeding him food because we are not spooning food into his mouth fast enough :dohh:

Same here. He is just starting to throw tantrums for everything though...Because we don't feed him fast enough, because I wipe his mouth, because I take his bib off... ! :dohh:

Mine both throw tantrums. C more than T. Sometimes because he's pinched something from her in which case I take it back. Sometimes because she's been told "no" or I've taken something from her that she pinched from T. She's quite good at the full on scream and flinging herself on the floor dramatically. When T has a tantrum he storms off and faces the wall. LOL! I just ignore them when they do that, there's no reasoning with them.

lol @ no reasoning with them

I have to laugh or I'll cry Im the softy Mummy where NO doesn't seen to work for me any more. I tell her off or tap her hand I have to cuddle her so I'm best avoiding it all ....impossible right?!

Glad I don't have the only kid who barks at me when I try to clean him up or take off his bib :lol: I'm hoping he will get over that sooner rather then later.

It depends what they are for. Colton likes to bite and will scream and cry after we tell him "NO" or hold his head away, so if he does that (including bite) I will set him in the middle of the room away from me.
If he is throwing a fit because he wants to be held, it depends what I'm doing. If I'm busy I will tell him not right now and let him be. If I'm not doing anything I will just hold him.
If he is throwing a fit because I took something away I just leave him be. Especially considering he doesn't get distracted easily even if I give him new toys, he usually just goes right back to what he had (like our poor christmas tree!!) over and over and over again.

thats excactly the same as me for the past 2-3 months and it really does work but it depends on the age of your child as at a younger age they obviously wont understand as much as on older child

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->