tanya's storyline. (eastenders)

C

cherryglitter

i'm finding it so emotional! cancer hasn't affected me or anybody i know directly but it's so tragic.

i'm just curious really, could somebody decide to stop their treatment if they wanted to?

i find it scary that cancer is so common. i really do :cry:

I think this week is going to be really emotional because it's all going to be revealed.
I think as long as they are of sound mind they can choose for themselves and drs can only advice on what would be best.

Oh god, I cried my eyes out watching it.:cry:

My dad died of cancer quite rapidly after getting his diagnosis. I was 24, he was 48 years old. I'm debating not watching anymore though cos I know I'm gonna be so emotional. I can totally relate to Tanya (without the helping along bit obviously) as my big strong dad who was never sick dying without a hope has made me terrified and completely messed with my head. I am now convinced every time I have a sniffle I have cancer. Every time I have a headache, it's "what if"..I'm obsessed with a little hole in my skin at the moment (thats probably been there forever) that I've only just noticed. I'm forever checking my boobs. It's not nice at all. :nope::nope:

Oh and yes a person can definitely refuse treatment. Though my dad's was too advanced it was never offered, only palliative care.

It was sad. I've been watching for ages and praying she told people..

oh god tonights episode is really emotional :cry:

eurgh how horrid is derek

I am glad she has the support now. I know it is only a TV program but there will be people out there in similar situations and this could help them. x

It makes me cry and angers me, like pp my mum passed away two years next month from cancer, no way would she have stopped cemo! I don't think anyone could surely if they have kids? She starts cemo again btw x

Oh god, I cried my eyes out watching it.:cry:

My dad died of cancer quite rapidly after getting his diagnosis. I was 24, he was 48 years old. I'm debating not watching anymore though cos I know I'm gonna be so emotional. I can totally relate to Tanya (without the helping along bit obviously) as my big strong dad who was never sick dying without a hope has made me terrified and completely messed with my head. I am now convinced every time I have a sniffle I have cancer. Every time I have a headache, it's "what if"..I'm obsessed with a little hole in my skin at the moment (thats probably been there forever) that I've only just noticed. I'm forever checking my boobs. It's not nice at all. :nope::nope:

Oh and yes a person can definitely refuse treatment. Though my dad's was too advanced it was never offered, only palliative care.

snap. my dad died of cancer when i was 16 he was 56 :cry:................., it was an awful thing to go through and i suffered a emotional breakdown during that time.......i usally avoid soaps if there is a cancer storyline i cried whilst watching eastenders friday.
Im the same in regards to my health, everything health issue i think its cancer i am also checking my self for lumps and any little thing i think oh what if........its awful, i wish i didnt worry so much some times.

And definitely a person can refuse treatment, without a doubt. My dads was terminal there was nothing they could do but prolong his life so he choose to have treatment to spend as much time with us as possible....talking about it now is making me all teary and its been 16 years since he passed away. :cry:

I dont know if i will be able to watch this in the coming weeks without bursting out in tears,i have not had any of my parents die from this so but i feel for those who have,my best friend had been ill ..she was older than me ..they eventually diagnosed her with cancer,me and my MIL went to visit her and oh my god i did not expect to see what i saw it was so horrible seeing her suffer i actually hid behind the curtains :( ...its such a shame it really is and she didnt last 1 week after she was diagnosed ...Tanya is playing this storyline really well x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->