• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tatoos and breastfeeding

Layla

Reaction score
Does anyone know here wether you can get tattood if your breast feeding?

Might be a silly question but my friend ask me today if i will be able to get the ones i want if i can breast feed ok this time round.

I have no idea and didnt even give that a second thought untill she said about it. I know when you give blood you have to wait a year after a tattoo, so any rules on breast feeding?

Thanks

x

Hmmm tis a tricky one, there wasnt any mention of breastfeeding on the form i filled out for mine. Presuming if there was a problem then it would have been mentioned??

https://www.llli.org//FAQ/tattoos.html

this should help

I just had my eyebrows tatt'ed. It's called permanent make-up, which I wanted done when I was preg. The woman who does it made me wait 'til I was non-preg, but I guess BF'ing was OK... I didn't think anything of it & I think she knew I was BF'ing. Hmm... I'd think it's OK just make sure you use a clean place with a good rep. & licenses, etc.

Layla I read online somewhere that you can get a tattoo when breastfeeding and even while pregnant. The ink stays under the skin pigment and doesn't get into your bloodstream, the only problem would be if it were to become infected... but that's rare. I'm planning on getting one to represent my baby after I give birth, so I'm positive we could breastfeed after that.

Happy tattooing! lol

I asked my college teacher last night, shes an ex midwife, she said its fine to get tattood as long as i trust the tattooist is clean etc, which i do, so i will be booking one in for after the new year! :D

x

I wanted to get a new tattoo recently, and I did a little research. I found that you are not really supposed to get tattoo'ed while pregnant or breastfeeding, because getting tattoos increases your risk of infection, and contracting Hepatitis, which both can be passed to the baby through breast milk. Then I called my tattoo artist and he said he would not do anyone while they are pregnant or if he knew they are breastfeeding, even tho his shop is very sanitary, and he is very clean. I'm waiting until after I stop breastfeeding to get any just to be safe. But it also might be different here. What tattoo do you want to get??

im going by what a midwife said, thats good enough for me, i trust her, i also trust my tattoist lol

I have 4 stars on my arm for my kids, so i need to add another for this baby, i also want to get ym back peice started, its a big Ivy plant, it will take about 3 or 4 sittings

x

Those tattoo's sound nice. =) I think you should do whatever you are comfortable with. Me and my DH are getting matching ones after the baby comes of the little ones footprints, birthday, and name. I love getting tattoos!

aww thats sweet :)

Tattoos are so adictive arnt they!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back