Tattoos? No judging please!

iHeartbaby#1

Reaction score
I've been debating on getting a tattoo with my LO's name. I'm not usually too keen on them but i have a soft spot for tribute and memorial tattoos. I can't decide what to get (thinking just his name in cool text) or where..any ideas? Would love to see pics if anyone has gotten this done themselves!

Also this is probably a dumb question but is it safe to get tattoos while breastfeeding or do i have to wait? Thanks :)

Most good tattooists will make you wait until your finished BF due to the risk of getting blood poisoning (although small, would be a problem for your BF relationship)

I want to get one, but no idea what yet.

I'm getting lo's name along my wrist when I've stopped breastfeeding.
I love tattoos. I have a big one on my lower back, my fiancé has 5 (and planning more) and my dad has too many to count including 3 rising suns for my brothers and 2 rosebuds for my sister and me - he did want a scroll with the 10 grandchildrens names on but thinks he's a little old at 67. Not surprising that all his children have been inked!!!

I have four tatoos, but I would like another one for LO. I don't know what to have though. I don't fancy getting his name on my wrist (no offence to anyone who has this), I would prefer something pretty, I think. All my tattoos are mainly black; I think I want something colourful and pretty. I don't know where though.
xx

I love tattoos. I have a big one on my lower back, my fiancé has 5 (and planning more) and my dad has too many to count including 3 rising suns for my brothers and 2 rosebuds for my sister and me - he did want a scroll with the 10 grandchildrens names on but thinks he's a little old at 67. Not surprising that all his children have been inked!!!

I think we replied at the same time! I just wanted to say that me saying I didn't want his name on my wrist wasn't aimed at you!
xx

I've just booked in to get one dedicated to albert. I am not too keen on name tattoos so i decided to get something that represents him. He is named after einstein so i am getting a universe scene with e=mc2 hidden in it.

I'd just be wary that if you aren't really keen on having a name tattood normally you might go off it x

well ive already got a small butterfly behind my ear so im going to his initials AJSP hidden in the wing

<3

I think we replied at the same time! I just wanted to say that me saying I didn't want his name on my wrist wasn't aimed at you!
xx

That's ok - tattoos are personal to the owner and in my opinion should mean something and not just fashion. I'm little and not a typical tattoo person according to a lot of people so my tattoos need to suit me. When I went to get my back one done I said I didn't want anything remotely tribal because it wouldn't suit me and I ended up with a one of a kind hearts and swirls.

I want to get another tattoo to go with the one on my arm, but again i wouldn't have his name tattooed instead i would get something that symbolise my LO, although hubby doesn't want me to get another one, so maybe i need to come up with a plan to get what i want :haha:

I've been wanting a tattoo for ages and couldn't decide what I wanted but knew I didn't want Lucy's name, so as we always call her monkey I'm on the hunt for a cute cartoon type monkey picture :D

I just got shooting stars on my neck with three big ones amidst the little ones to symbolise me, DH and LO.

I had Macies name do e on my wrist but went to a different tattoist than my usual and they messed it up lol. But went back to my normal and she sorted it out for me and now I love it!!! It's a butterfly with swirls round it and her name underneath! I also have 2 butterflies on mu other wrist and angel on the bottom of my back. Would lime more hehe xx

i got my childrens and partners initials on my foot going downward in a fancy text, however warning it is really painfull on top of your foot i had 3 tattoos already and didnt find any of them sore but this was agony! alot of people go for the back of the wrist, but this isnt for me i am in a job were it isnt really acceptable, your not allowed any facial percings so dont think they would of took too kindly to my wrost being tattood!

I have 4 tattoo's and will have one for LO, I just can't decide yet what I want or where!!

i have 4 tattoo's and all of them either mean something with the symbol of them, or i got them at a meaningful time - ie i have a heart on my belly which i got on my 1st angel's due date.
i fully intend on getting something to mark the birth of my daughter - maybe the infinity symbol (like a sideways number 8) on my wrist - infinite love.
love tattoos!

I want to extend the one on my ankle this year and might incorporate LO's name into it. I don't think I would just have his name as hmmm, its just not me. I have to be careful and sure that I love it before I make that kindof decision though. My friend got ones down last week of his LOs and tbh, I just don't like them at all. I hope he doesn't ask me what I think as I am such a bad lier :/

i'm going to get a stylised red rose (i'm from manchester) a white rose (hubby is from yorkshire) and a small red and white rose with his initials hidden in it to represent charlie. With space to add more roses of course as and when the need arises! Not sure where, maybe my foot or inner arm as already have one at the bottom of my back and one at the top x

and i'm waiting till i've finished breast feeding when he's 1 or older x

I have my daughters name on my wrist and I love it.... My mum doesn't but I wanted something to show how proud I am of my baby girl and how much she means to me... I'm going to get my sons name on the top of my wrist to make it look like a bracelet with hearts on either side as I have 3 hearts tattooed on my back and wanted to have it tie in. The beaty of having my tat there is that I can cover it with a watch or long sleeves if I really need too.

https://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/mummy-moose/DSC00489.jpg

I too am not into name tattoos but OH and I have both been discussing something identical and discreet - something to show us and the two kids.
Mr Beckham has stars or something doesn't he?
Not sure what I want yet, or where, would need to be discreet though - I had some huge ugly black thing done on my lower back 10yrs ago and I hate it so I don't want to regret these ones x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->