Tattoos? No judging please!

I got this done when my daughter was 2 weeks old. In wasn't breastfeeding. I love tattoo's. I have 6 with this one, one of which cover the whole front of my calf. Anyways. It is her foot print from the day she was born( the exact size copied from the booklet it was done on)and her first name. It's in my wrist because some of the major blood vessels run through there and to me it symbolized our bond. I like that it is the exact size because when she is older I'll be able to look at it and really remember how small she was.

[IMG]https://i54.tinypic.com/2zswd5d.jpg[/IMG

That is beautiful, I love it!!

I am having a tattoo for LO soon, not sure what of or where yet though! x

okay you've got me doing some thinking.
i *think* i may get the chinese symbol for mother and son .. and then incorporate something else in with it which i havn't decided on yet

What wonderful tattoo ideas, everyone!

That's ok that i can't get one while breastfeeding because I'm thinking its gonna take me a while to come up with something i really like. It will be my first tattoo so i'm a bit nervous. Can't go wrong if it symbolizes someone you love though can you? :)

I got this done when my daughter was 2 weeks old. In wasn't breastfeeding. I love tattoo's. I have 6 with this one, one of which cover the whole front of my calf. Anyways. It is her foot print from the day she was born( the exact size copied from the booklet it was done on)and her first name. It's in my wrist because some of the major blood vessels run through there and to me it symbolized our bond. I like that it is the exact size because when she is older I'll be able to look at it and really remember how small she was.

[IMG]https://i54.tinypic.com/2zswd5d.jpg[/IMG

Thats an amazing tattoo! I love it :D

You actually can get one while BF'ing. The rules for tattoos while BF'ing are picking a parlor that is clean and sterile and keeping the new tattoo clean and away from infections. I have 4 tattoos and haven't had any problems, and I'm getting my mommy tattoo in a few weeks and I'm BF'ing. The place I'm getting it at is known for it's clean and sterile enviroment and has won awards. They also know I BF and said that it's fine, as did all the research I've looked up on it.

I have been keeping an eye on this thread and looking up tattoo ideas and then just suddenly thought - Oh I can't have one yet cause I am pregnant again :dohh: xx

I got my Tattoo done when my LO was 3 weeks old...Im running out of space fast! Heres a pic :)

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs098.snc4/36243_10150121155176830_573671829_8153439_672427_n.jpg

Ive got the itch for another now! lol x

You actually can get one while BF'ing. The rules for tattoos while BF'ing are picking a parlor that is clean and sterile and keeping the new tattoo clean and away from infections. I have 4 tattoos and haven't had any problems, and I'm getting my mommy tattoo in a few weeks and I'm BF'ing. The place I'm getting it at is known for it's clean and sterile enviroment and has won awards. They also know I BF and said that it's fine, as did all the research I've looked up on it.

I had my doctors appointment today and i decided to ask about it. You're right! :thumbup: She said to make just sure the tattooist is willing to open a fresh needle in front of me and to make sure to keep the tattoo clean while it's still healing.

Honestly i was just curious. I think i will still wait until LO is weaned just to be on the safe side. OH is getting impatient, though. He wants to get J A C K written in baby blocks around his upper arm. I told him he's got to wait so we can go in together!

I'm getting a tattoo for my boys in a few weeks. I'm getting the family knot and then their birth flower on each side of the knot and then their names underneath the flower. I'm doing it in a way that I can add to it later becasue I plan of having more kids.

I plan on getting Clara's birth flower too! I already have 6 tattoos and can't wait to get this one.

i am covered in tattoos. i dont mean quite a few in different places, i mean arms, a good portion of my legs, neck, back, face, hands knuckles... all done. i have poppy's name on my hand along with a wee heart. looks wonky, but its just the position my hand is in! :flower:

Attachments

• 37852_414064606996_511946996_5187191_4131690_n.jpg
    37852_414064606996_511946996_5187191_4131690_n.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 7
I've been wanting a tattoo for ages and couldn't decide what I wanted but knew I didn't want Lucy's name, so as we always call her monkey I'm on the hunt for a cute cartoon type monkey picture :D

Same here! I either want a monkey or 2 tiny footprints with his name and birthday underneath

I had a look on kellymom and it says that having a tattoo done whilst BF is fine as long as it's a reputable parlour, sterile needles etc

My sister is going for a consultation tomorrow to discuss her first tattoo with the tattooist and I said I'd go with her.... Might put myself on the waiting list while I'm there too, it's months long so I'll have plenty of time to save. Exciting!!

Ive my lil ones name on my wrist and i love it its my 5th tatt my oh did say for me not to get another one done after my 3rd but i was sneaky with my 4th i got my 3rd one extended lol ill try and uplaod a pic

here it is the star with the orange middle represents the baby i lost 2 years ago looking over their sister and looking after them x

Attachments

• savannah tattoo.jpg
    savannah tattoo.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 70
think you havta wait til your finished breastfeeding..
i just asked OH's friend when i can get tattood and he said id be best to wait until ive stopped bf..(hes a tattoo artist)
annoying but atleast its gives you time to plan it and make sure your definite on what your getting

i want to get archie on 1 wrist and mollie on the other wrist just need to think of s design lol xxx

I want a tat...just for fashion though, not names or anything. Does anyone know roughly how much a tattoo right down the spine would roughly cost? I just want tiny designs (not sure what of yet though) kinda like what Leona Lewis has, from my neck to my bum but unsure of the cost involved, any ideas anyone please? :flower:

I have two, the butterfly one represents my little boy Morgan, and my three girls Naomi-Mae, Honey and Kaysie Blossom. I will hopefully add to it with another butterfly at some point.

The star is for my little girl Honey who was born sleeping, it is at the bottom of my back and I plan to add to it with 'Never say goodbye' written in script writing between my shoulders and seven yellow stars (for my seven miscarriages) going down my spine to the pink star with Honey's name in.

Attachments

• butterfly tat.jpg
    butterfly tat.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 0
  • tat for honey.jpg
    tat for honey.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 0
I want a tat...just for fashion though, not names or anything. Does anyone know roughly how much a tattoo right down the spine would roughly cost? I just want tiny designs (not sure what of yet though) kinda like what Leona Lewis has, from my neck to my bum but unsure of the cost involved, any ideas anyone please? :flower:

It all depends hun. Most tattooists charge by the hour now, so it all depends how big/detailed the design is. My tattooist charges £80 per hour but I'm not sure how that varies around the country. You can pop in to a few places and explain what you'd like and they can give you an estimate. I'd guess what you described would take at least an hour though :flower:

I've just started a thread about a couple of tattoo's i want i didn't see this one til just now! :dohh: would be great if some of you could reply to my thread too it's HERE

This is what it says.... I'm wanting to get a tattoo of Ellie's name and date of birth on my wrist in the middle of Feb sometime, and while i was there i was thinking of getting Baby Angel and the date we lost him/her on my other wrist. My OH thinks this is a bad idea though.... what do you all think?? honest opinion please

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->